September 1: Day of the Week
September 1, 2021 is the 244th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 121 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VVAKOHACC? Check your answers here: Word finder VVAKOHACC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 1 Historical Event(s)
- 462Possible start of first Byzantine indiction cycle.
- 1873Cetshwayo ascends to the throne as king of the Zulu nation following the death of his father Mpande.
- 1894More than 400 people die in the Great Hinckley Fire, a forest fire in Hinckley, Minnesota.
- 1897The Boston subway opens, becoming the first underground rapid transit system in North America.
- 1914The last passenger pigeon, a female named Martha, dies in captivity in the Cincinnati Zoo.
- 1928Ahmet Zogu declares Albania to be a monarchy and proclaims himself king.
- 1939George C. Marshall becomes Chief of Staff of the United States Army.
- 1939Switzerland mobilizes its forces and the Swiss Parliament elects Henri Guisan to head the Swiss Army (an event that can happen only during war or mobilization).
- 1969A coup in Libya brings Muammar al-Gaddafi to power.
- 1991Uzbekistan declares independence from the Soviet Union
Who were born on September 1?
- 1588Henry II, Prince of Condé, French nobleman (d. 1646)
- 1887Blaise Cendrars, Swiss writer (d. 1961)
- 1906Franz Biebl, German composer (d. 2001)
- 1928George Maharis, American actor
- 1956Bernie Wagenblast, American broadcaster and editor
- 1958Armi Aavikko, Finnish singer (d. 2002)
- 1962Tony Cascarino, Irish footballer
- 1964Holly Golightly, American cartoonist
- 1974Yutaka Yamamoto, Japanese anime director
- 1975Nomy Lamm, American singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.