September 10: Day of the Week
September 10, 2019 is the 253rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 112 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1515Thomas Wolsey is invested as a Cardinal
- 1798At the Battle of St. George’s Caye, British Honduras defeats Spain.
- 1813The United States defeats the British Fleet at the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812.
- 1897Lattimer massacre: A sheriff’s posse kills 20 unarmed immigrant miners in Pennsylvania, United States.
- 1898Empress Elizabeth of Austria is assassinated by Luigi Lucheni.
- 1919Austria and the Allies sign the Treaty of Saint-Germain recognizing the independence of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.
- 1937Nine nations attend the Nyon Conference to address international piracy in the Mediterranean Sea.
- 196320 African-American students enter public schools in Alabama.
- 1967The people of Gibraltar vote to remain a British dependency rather than becoming part of Spain.
- 1977Hamida Djandoubi, convicted of torture and murder, is the last person to be executed by guillotine in France.
Who were born on September 10?
- 1852Alice Brown Davis, Seminole chief (d. 1935)
- 1887Kenneth Mason, British geographer (d. 1976)
- 1890Bob Heffron, Premier of New South Wales (d. 1978)
- 1912Mary Walter, Filipina actress (d. 1993)
- 1934Jim Oberstar, American politician
- 1937Jared Diamond, American biologist and author
- 1946Don Powell, English drummer
- 1949Bill O'Reilly, American television host, author, and political commentator
- 1968Guy Ritchie, British film director
- 1974Ben Wallace, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.