September 10: Day of the Week
September 10, 2021 is the 253rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 112 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EIOKZNDFOBBXE? Check your answers here: Word finder EIOKZNDFOBBXE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1509An earthquake known as “The Lesser Judgment Day” hits Istanbul.
- 1515Thomas Wolsey is invested as a Cardinal
- 1776American Revolutionary War: Nathan Hale volunteers to spy for the Continental Army.
- 1919Austria and the Allies sign the Treaty of Saint-Germain recognizing the independence of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.
- 1939World War II: The submarine HMS Oxley is mistakenly sunk by the submarine HMS Triton near Norway and becomes the Royal Navy’s first loss.
- 1942World War II: The British Army carries out an amphibious landing on Madagascar to re-launch Allied offensive operations in the Madagascar Campaign.
- 1974Guinea-Bissau gains independence from Portugal.
- 1977Hamida Djandoubi, convicted of torture and murder, is the last person to be executed by guillotine in France.
- 2001Charles Ingram cheats his way into winning one million pounds on a British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
- 2002Switzerland, traditionally a neutral country, joins the United Nations.
Who were born on September 10?
- 1487Pope Julius III, Italian Roman Catholic Pope (d. 1555)
- 1638Maria Theresa of Spain, queen of Louis XIV of France (d. 1683)
- 1659Henry Purcell, English composer (d. 1695)
- 1887Kenneth Mason, British geographer (d. 1976)
- 1914Robert Wise, American film director (d. 2005)
- 1928Jean Vanier, Canadian disabilities advocate
- 1946Don Powell, English drummer
- 1950Joe Perry, American musician
- 1960Alison Bechdel, American cartoonist
- 1973Ferdinand Coly, Senegalese footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.