September 10: Day of the Week
September 10, 2019 is the 253rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 112 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1798At the Battle of St. George’s Caye, British Honduras defeats Spain.
- 1823Simón Bolívar is named President of Peru.
- 1846Elias Howe is granted a patent for the sewing machine.
- 1897Lattimer massacre: A sheriff’s posse kills 20 unarmed immigrant miners in Pennsylvania, United States.
- 1932The New York City Subway’s third competing subway system, the municipally-owned IND, is opened.
- 1943World War II: German forces begin their occupation of Rome.
- 1946While riding a train to Darjeeling, Sister Teresa Bojaxhiu of the Loreto Sisters’ Convent claimed to have heard the call of God, directing her “to leave the convent and help the poor while living among them”. She would become known as Mother Teresa.
- 1960At the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome, Abebe Bikila becomes the first sub-Saharan African to win a gold medal, winning the marathon in bare feet.
- 1976A British Airways Hawker Siddeley Trident and an Inex-Adria DC-9 collide near Zagreb, Yugoslavia, killing 176.
- 1990The Basilica of Our Lady of Peace in Yamoussoukro, Côte d'Ivoire – the largest church in Africa is consecrated by Pope John Paul II.
Who were born on September 10?
- 1801Marie Laveau, American Voodoo practitioner (d. 1881)
- 1861Niels Hansen Jacobsen, Danish sculptor and ceramist (d. 1941)
- 1883Jock Delves Broughton, British noble (d. 1942)
- 1888Israel Abramofsky, Russian-born American artist (d. 1976)
- 1896Adele Astaire, American dancer and entertainer (d. 1981)
- 1934Larry Sitsky, Australian composer, pianist and educator
- 1952Medea Benjamin, American activist
- 1972Ghada Shouaa, Syrian athlete
- 1980Jayam Ravi, Indian Actor
- 1983Joey Votto, Canadian baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.