September 10: Day of the Week
September 10, 2020 is the 254th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 112 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Leland’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 10 Historical Event(s)
- 1547The Battle of Pinkie Cleugh, the last full scale military confrontation between England and Scotland, resulting in a decisive victory for the forces of Edward VI.
- 1798At the Battle of St. George’s Caye, British Honduras defeats Spain.
- 1846Elias Howe is granted a patent for the sewing machine.
- 1918Russian Civil War: The Red Army captures Kazan.
- 1919Austria and the Allies sign the Treaty of Saint-Germain recognizing the independence of Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.
- 1961Italian Grand Prix, a crash causes the death of German Formula One driver Wolfgang von Trips and 13 spectators who are hit by his Ferrari.
- 196320 African-American students enter public schools in Alabama.
- 1967The people of Gibraltar vote to remain a British dependency rather than becoming part of Spain.
- 1977Hamida Djandoubi, convicted of torture and murder, is the last person to be executed by guillotine in France.
- 2001Charles Ingram cheats his way into winning one million pounds on a British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
Who were born on September 10?
- 1714Niccolò Jommelli, Italian composer (d. 1774)
- 1892Arthur Compton, American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1962)
- 1893Maria de Jesus, Portuguese supercentenarian (d. 2009)
- 1908Waldo Wedel, American archaeologist (d. 1996)
- 1913Lincoln Gordon, American diplomat (d. 2009)
- 1928Jean Vanier, Canadian disabilities advocate
- 1941Stephen Jay Gould, American paleontologist (d. 2002)
- 1946Jim Hines, American athlete
- 1948Judy Geeson, English actress
- 1956Johnny Fingers, Irish musician The Boomtown Rats
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.