September 10: Day of the Week
September 10, 2020 is the 254th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 112 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kelli’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 10 Historical Event(s)
- 506The bishops of Visigothic Gaul meet in the Council of Agde.
- 1561Fourth Battle of Kawanakajima – Takeda Shingen defeats Uesugi Kenshin in the climax of their ongoing conflicts.
- 1608John Smith is elected council president of Jamestown, Virginia.
- 1846Elias Howe is granted a patent for the sewing machine.
- 1932The New York City Subway’s third competing subway system, the municipally-owned IND, is opened.
- 1942World War II: The British Army carries out an amphibious landing on Madagascar to re-launch Allied offensive operations in the Madagascar Campaign.
- 1946While riding a train to Darjeeling, Sister Teresa Bojaxhiu of the Loreto Sisters’ Convent claimed to have heard the call of God, directing her “to leave the convent and help the poor while living among them”. She would become known as Mother Teresa.
- 1961Italian Grand Prix, a crash causes the death of German Formula One driver Wolfgang von Trips and 13 spectators who are hit by his Ferrari.
- 2001Antonio da Costa Santos, mayor of Campinas, Brazil was assassinated.
- 2001Charles Ingram cheats his way into winning one million pounds on a British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
Who were born on September 10?
- 1786Nicolás Bravo, Mexican politician and soldier (d. 1854)
- 1928Walter Martin, American Christian apologist (d. 1989)
- 1941Gunpei Yokoi, Japanese inventor and video game designer (d. 1997)
- 1949Bill O'Reilly, American television host, author, and political commentator
- 1953Yannis Bezos, Greek actor
- 1956Johnny Fingers, Irish musician The Boomtown Rats
- 1968Guy Ritchie, British film director
- 1969Ai Jing, Chinese singer
- 1974Mirko Filipović, Croatian martial artist
- 1975Melanie Pullen, American photographer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.