September 10: Day of the Week
September 10, 2019 is the 253rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 112 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 10 Historical Event(s)
- 506The bishops of Visigothic Gaul meet in the Council of Agde.
- 1813The United States defeats the British Fleet at the Battle of Lake Erie during the War of 1812.
- 1897Lattimer massacre: A sheriff’s posse kills 20 unarmed immigrant miners in Pennsylvania, United States.
- 1932The New York City Subway’s third competing subway system, the municipally-owned IND, is opened.
- 1942World War II: The British Army carries out an amphibious landing on Madagascar to re-launch Allied offensive operations in the Madagascar Campaign.
- 1961Italian Grand Prix, a crash causes the death of German Formula One driver Wolfgang von Trips and 13 spectators who are hit by his Ferrari.
- 1977Hamida Djandoubi, convicted of torture and murder, is the last person to be executed by guillotine in France.
- 1990The Basilica of Our Lady of Peace in Yamoussoukro, Côte d'Ivoire – the largest church in Africa is consecrated by Pope John Paul II.
- 2001Charles Ingram cheats his way into winning one million pounds on a British version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
- 2003Anna Lindh, the foreign minister of Sweden, is fatally stabbed while shopping, and dies the following day.
Who were born on September 10?
- 1821Sir William Jervois, British colonial administrator, Governor-General of New Zealand (d. 1897)
- 1836Joseph Wheeler, American general (d. 1906)
- 1844Abel Hoadley, Australian confectioner (d. 1918)
- 1890Elsa Schiaparelli, French couturiere (d. 1973)
- 1890Franz Werfel, Austrian-Bohemian novelist (d. 1945)
- 1892Arthur Compton, American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1962)
- 1893Maria de Jesus, Portuguese supercentenarian (d. 2009)
- 1943Neale Donald Walsch, American author
- 1963Bill Stevenson, American music producer and musician
- 1966Joe Nieuwendyk, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.