September 11: Day of the Week
September 11, 2020 is the 255th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 111 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ben’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 11: This Day in History
It is usually the first day of the year in the Coptic calendar and Ethiopian calendar (in the period AD 1900 to AD 2099).
September 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1297Battle of Stirling Bridge: Scots jointly-led by William Wallace and Andrew Moray defeat the English.
- 1775Benedict Arnold’s expedition to Quebec leaves Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1919U.S. Marines invade Honduras.
- 1922The Treaty of Kars is ratified in Yerevan, Armenia.
- 1941Ground is broken for the construction of The Pentagon.
- 1945World War II: Australian 9th Division forces liberate the Japanese-run Batu Lintang camp, a POW and civilian internment camp on the island of Borneo.
- 1971The Egyptian Constitution becomes official.
- 1985Pete Rose breaks Ty Cobb’s baseball record for most career hits with his 4,192nd hit
- 199714 Estonian soldiers die in the Kurkse tragedy, drowning in the Baltic Sea
- 1998Opening ceremony for the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Malaysia is the first Asian country to host the games.
Who were born on September 11?
- 1771Mungo Park, Scottish explorer of Africa (d. 1806)
- 1800Daniel S. Dickinson, American politician (d. 1866)
- 1921Edwin Richfield, British actor (d. 1990)
- 1927Willie Christine King, American professor
- 1931Hans-Ulrich Wehler, German historian
- 1937Robert Crippen, American astronaut
- 1945Franz Beckenbauer, German footballer
- 1969Eduardo Perez, American baseball player
- 1971Markos Moulitsas, American writer
- 1980Mike Comrie, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.