September 11: Day of the Week
September 11, 2018 was the 254th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 111 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 11: This Day in History
It is usually the first day of the year in the Coptic calendar and Ethiopian calendar (in the period AD 1900 to AD 2099).
September 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1541Santiago, Chile, is destroyed by indigenous warriors, led by Michimalonko.
- 1649Siege of Drogheda ends: Oliver Cromwell’s English Parliamentarian troops take the town and execute its garrison.
- 1697Battle of Zenta.
- 1758Battle of Saint Cast: France repels British invasion during the Seven Years’ War.
- 1921Nahalal, the first moshav in Palestine, is settled as part of a Zionist plan to colonize Palestine and creating a Jewish state, later to be Israel.
- 1932Franciszek Żwirko and Stanisław Wigura, Polish Challenge 1932 winners, are killed when their RWD 6 airplane crashes during a storm.
- 1985Pete Rose breaks Ty Cobb’s baseball record for most career hits with his 4,192nd hit
- 1988The St Jean Bosco massacre takes place in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
- 1989Hungary announces that the East German refugees who had been housed in temporary camps, were free to leave for West Germany.
- 2000Melbourne hosts World Economic Forum where S11 protests also took place.
Who were born on September 11?
- 1884Sudhamoy Pramanick, Indian Independence activist (d. 1974)
- 1885Herbert Stothart, American song writer, composer (d. 1949)
- 1917Daniel Wildenstein, French art dealer and racehorse owner (d. 2001)
- 1917Herbert Lom, Czech-born British film actor
- 1930Renzo Montagnani, Italian actor (d. 1997)
- 1942Lola Falana, American singer
- 1958Scott Patterson, American actor
- 1971Markos Moulitsas, American writer
- 1974DeLisha Milton-Jones, American basketball player
- 1982Shriya Saran, Indian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.