September 11: Day of the Week
September 11, 2021 is the 254th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 111 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters MUUGICSA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words MUUGICSA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 11: This Day in History
It is usually the first day of the year in the Coptic calendar and Ethiopian calendar (in the period AD 1900 to AD 2099).
September 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1526The Ottoman army occupies Buda after the crushing Hungarian defeat in the Battle of Mohács.
- 1697Battle of Zenta.
- 1714Siege of Barcelona: Barcelona, capital city of Catalonia, surrenders to Spanish and French Bourbon armies in the War of the Spanish Succession.
- 1775Benedict Arnold’s expedition to Quebec leaves Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1802France annexes the Kingdom of Piedmont.
- 1897After months of pursuit, generals of Menelik II of Ethiopia capture Gaki Sherocho, the last king of Kaffa, bringing an end to that ancient kingdom.
- 1919U.S. Marines invade Honduras.
- 1973A coup in Chile headed by General Augusto Pinochet topples the democratically elected president Salvador Allende. Pinochet remains in power for almost 17 years.
- 1992Hurricane Iniki, one of the most damaging hurricanes in United States history, devastates the Hawaiian islands of Kauai and Oahu.
- 1997After a nationwide referendum, Scotland votes to establish a devolved parliament, within the United Kingdom.
Who were born on September 11?
- 1522Ulisse Aldrovandi, Italian naturalist (d. 1605)
- 1681Johann Gottlieb Heineccius, German jurist (d. 1741)
- 1893Douglas Hawkes, British racing driver (d. 1974)
- 1917Donald Blakeslee, American aviator (d. 2008)
- 1929Patrick Mayhew, Baron Mayhew, UK politician, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland
- 1940Robert Palmer, American businessman
- 1970Taja Kramberger, Slovenian poet and sociologist
- 1979Ariana Richards, American actress
- 1983Ike Diogu, American basketball player
- 1985Zack Stortini, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.