September 11: Day of the Week
September 11, 2020 is the 255th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 111 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Natalie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 11: This Day in History
It is usually the first day of the year in the Coptic calendar and Ethiopian calendar (in the period AD 1900 to AD 2099).
September 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1649Siege of Drogheda ends: Oliver Cromwell’s English Parliamentarian troops take the town and execute its garrison.
- 1683Battle of Vienna.
- 1697Battle of Zenta.
- 1709Battle of Malplaquet: Great Britain, Netherlands and Austria fight against France.
- 1786The Beginning of the Annapolis Convention.
- 1792The Hope Diamond is stolen along with other French crown jewels when six men break into the house used to store them.
- 1914Australia invades New Britain, defeating a German contingent at the Battle of Bita Paka.
- 1916The Quebec Bridge’s central span collapses, killing 11 men. The bridge initially collapsed in toto on August 29, 1907.
- 1968Air France Flight 1611 crashes off Nice, France, killing 89 passengers and 6 crew.
- 1971The Egyptian Constitution becomes official.
Who were born on September 11?
- 1913Paul “Bear” Bryant, American football coach (d. 1983)
- 1934Oliver Jones, Canadian jazz pianist
- 1935Arvo Pärt, Estonian composer
- 1949Bill Whittington, American race car driver
- 1953Tommy Shaw, American musician and singer
- 1960Anne Ramsay, American actress
- 1969Gidget Gein, American musician (d. 2008)
- 1975Juan Cobián, Argentine footballer
- 1978Dejan Stanković, Serbian footballer
- 1988Lee Yong Dae, South Korean badminton player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.