September 11: Day of the Week
September 11, 2019 is the 254th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 111 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 11: This Day in History
It is usually the first day of the year in the Coptic calendar and Ethiopian calendar (in the period AD 1900 to AD 2099).
September 11 Historical Event(s)
- 1709Battle of Malplaquet: Great Britain, Netherlands and Austria fight against France.
- 1775Benedict Arnold’s expedition to Quebec leaves Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1813War of 1812: British troops arrive in Mount Vernon and prepare to march to and invade Washington D.C.
- 1847Stephen Foster’s well-known song, Oh! Susanna, is first performed at a saloon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- 1903The first race at The Milwaukee Mile in West Allis, Wisconsin is held. It is the oldest major speedway in the world.
- 1922One of the Herald Sun of Melbourne, Australia’s predecessor papers The Sun News-Pictorial is founded.
- 1961Foundation of the World Wildlife Fund.
- 1972The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit system has its opening day of passenger service.
- 1982The international forces that were guaranteeing the safety of Palestinian refugees following Israel’s 1982 Invasion of Lebanon leave Beirut. Five days later, several thousand refugees are massacred in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps.
- 1998Opening ceremony for the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Malaysia is the first Asian country to host the games.
Who were born on September 11?
- 1816Carl Zeiss, German lens maker (d. 1888)
- 1899Philipp Bouhler, German Nazi leader (d. 1945)
- 1907Lev Oborin, Russian pianist (d. 1974)
- 1924Rudolf Vrba, Canadian professor (d. 2006)
- 1930Cathryn Damon, American actress (d. 1987)
- 1940Brian De Palma, American film director
- 1950Barry Sheene, British motorcyclist (d. 2003)
- 1962Jenny Sanford, American heiress and businesswoman
- 1970William Joppy, American boxer
- 1987Tyler Hoechlin, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.