September 14: Day of the Week
September 14, 2019 is the 257th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 108 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1741George Frideric Handel completes his oratorio Messiah
- 1846Jang Bahadur and his brothers massacre about 40 members of the Nepalese palace court.
- 1960Congo Crisis: With CIA help, Mobutu Sese Seko seizes power in a military coup, suspending parliament and the constitution.
- 1960The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is founded.
- 1975The first American saint, Elizabeth Ann Seton, is canonized by Pope Paul VI.
- 1985Penang Bridge, the longest bridge in Malaysia, connecting the island of Penang to the mainland, opens to traffic.
- 1995Body Worlds opens in Tokyo, Japan
- 1999Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga join the United Nations.
- 2001Historic National Prayer Service held at Washington National Cathedral for victims of the September 11 attacks. A similar service is held in Canada on Parliament Hill, the largest vigil ever held in the nation’s capital.
- 2007Late-2000s financial crisis: The Northern Rock bank experiences the first bank run in the United Kingdom in 150 years.
Who were born on September 14?
- 1580Francisco de Quevedo, Spanish writer (d. 1645)
- 1721Eliphalet Dyer, American statesman and judge (d. 1807)
- 1769Alexander von Humboldt, German naturalist and explorer (d. 1859)
- 1860Hamlin Garland, American writer (d. 1940)
- 1880Metropolitan Benjamin (Fedchenkov), Orthodox missionary and writer (d. 1961)
- 1898Hal B. Wallis, American film producer (d. 1986)
- 1936Harry Danielsen, Norwegian politician
- 1956Kostas Karamanlis, Greek prime-minister
- 1958Beth Nielsen Chapman, American singer-songwriter
- 1974Mattias Marklund, Swedish guitarist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.