September 14: Day of the Week
September 14, 2019 was the 257th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 108 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Doris’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 14 Historical Event(s)
- 81Domitian becomes Emperor of the Roman Empire upon the death of his brother Titus.
- 1682Bishop Gore School, one of the oldest schools in Wales, is founded.
- 1741George Frideric Handel completes his oratorio Messiah
- 1814The poem Defence of Fort McHenry is written by Francis Scott Key. The poem is later used as the lyrics of The Star-Spangled Banner.
- 1923Miguel Primo de Rivera becomes dictator of Spain.
- 1969The US Selective Service selects September 14 as the First Draft Lottery Date.
- 1987The Toronto Blue Jays set a record for the most home runs in a single game, hitting 10 of them.
- 1995Body Worlds opens in Tokyo, Japan
- 1998Telecommunications companies MCI Communications and WorldCom complete their $37 billion merger to form MCI WorldCom.
- 1999Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga join the United Nations.
Who were born on September 14?
- 1656Thomas Baker, British antiquarian (d. 1746)
- 1872John Olof Dahlgren, American recipient of the Medal of Honor (d. 1963)
- 1886Jan Masaryk, Czech foreign minister and diplomat (d. 1948)
- 1916John Heyer, Australian documentary filmmaker (d. 2001)
- 1934Kate Millett, American feminist writer
- 1937Renzo Piano, Italian architect
- 1961Martina Gedeck, German actress
- 1982Petr Průcha, Czech ice hockey player
- 1988Kirsten Haglund, American beauty pageant contestant
- 1988Martin Fourcade, French biathlete
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.