September 14: Day of the Week
September 14, 2020 is the 258th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 108 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Annie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 14 Historical Event(s)
- 1180Battle of Ishibashiyama in Japan.
- 1814The poem Defence of Fort McHenry is written by Francis Scott Key. The poem is later used as the lyrics of The Star-Spangled Banner.
- 1862American Civil War: The Battle of South Mountain, part of the Maryland Campaign, is fought.
- 1923Miguel Primo de Rivera becomes dictator of Spain.
- 1969The US Selective Service selects September 14 as the First Draft Lottery Date.
- 1975The first American saint, Elizabeth Ann Seton, is canonized by Pope Paul VI.
- 1987The Toronto Blue Jays set a record for the most home runs in a single game, hitting 10 of them.
- 1999Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga join the United Nations.
- 2003In a referendum, Estonia approves joining the European Union.
- 2008All 88 people on board Aeroflot Flight 821 are killed when the plane crashes on approach to Perm Airport.
Who were born on September 14?
- 1486Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, German alchemist (d. 1535)
- 1543Claudio Aquaviva, Italian Jesuit (d. 1615)
- 1880Archie Hahn, American athlete (d. 1955)
- 1917Rudolf Baumgartner, Swiss conductor and violinist (d. 2002)
- 1934Don Walser, American country music singer and yodeller (d. 2006)
- 1949Tommy Seebach, Danish musician (d. 2003)
- 1970Ben Garant, American actor
- 1970Craig Montoya, American musician (Everclear)
- 1970Francesco Casagrande, Italian cyclist
- 1970Mark Webber (guitarist), English musician Pulp
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.