September 14: Day of the Week
September 14, 2020 is the 258th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 108 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Matthew’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 14 Historical Event(s)
- 81Domitian becomes Emperor of the Roman Empire upon the death of his brother Titus.
- 786“Night of the three Caliphs”: Harun al-Rashid becomes the Abbasid caliph upon the death of his brother al-Hadi. Birth of Harun’s son al-Ma'mun.
- 1682Bishop Gore School, one of the oldest schools in Wales, is founded.
- 1752The British Empire adopts the Gregorian calendar, skipping eleven days (the previous day was September 2).
- 1901President of the United States William McKinley dies after an assassination attempt on September 6, and is succeeded by Theodore Roosevelt.
- 1917Russia is officially proclaimed a republic.
- 1959The Soviet probe Luna 2 crashes onto the Moon, becoming the first man-made object to reach it.
- 1982President-elect of Lebanon, Bachir Gemayel, is assassinated.
- 1992The Constitutional Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina declares the breakaway Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia to be illegal.
- 2001Historic National Prayer Service held at Washington National Cathedral for victims of the September 11 attacks. A similar service is held in Canada on Parliament Hill, the largest vigil ever held in the nation’s capital.
Who were born on September 14?
- 1867Charles Dana Gibson, American artist (d. 1944)
- 1909Peter Scott, British naturalist and explorer (d. 1989)
- 1914Lída Baarová, Czech actress (d. 2000)
- 1916Eric Bentley, British-born American critic and playwright
- 1918Cachao López, Cuban musician (d. 2008)
- 1921Dario Vittori, Argentinian actor (d. 2001)
- 1934Kate Millett, American feminist writer
- 1936Harry Danielsen, Norwegian politician
- 1961Martina Gedeck, German actress
- 1985Delmon Young, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.