September 14: Day of the Week
September 14, 2019 is the 257th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 108 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 14 Historical Event(s)
- 786“Night of the three Caliphs”: Harun al-Rashid becomes the Abbasid caliph upon the death of his brother al-Hadi. Birth of Harun’s son al-Ma'mun.
- 1752The British Empire adopts the Gregorian calendar, skipping eleven days (the previous day was September 2).
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: French grenadiers enter Moscow. The Fire of Moscow begins as soon as Russian troops leave the city.
- 1917Russia is officially proclaimed a republic.
- 1960The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is founded.
- 1987The Toronto Blue Jays set a record for the most home runs in a single game, hitting 10 of them.
- 1999Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga join the United Nations.
- 2001Historic National Prayer Service held at Washington National Cathedral for victims of the September 11 attacks. A similar service is held in Canada on Parliament Hill, the largest vigil ever held in the nation’s capital.
- 2003In a referendum, Estonia approves joining the European Union.
- 2008All 88 people on board Aeroflot Flight 821 are killed when the plane crashes on approach to Perm Airport.
Who were born on September 14?
- 1547Johan van Oldenbarnevelt, Dutch statesman (d. 1619)
- 1847Fanny Holland, English singer and comic actress (d. 1931)
- 1918Cachao López, Cuban musician (d. 2008)
- 1920Alberto Calderón, Argentine mathematician (d. 1998)
- 1927Martin Caidin, American aviation writer (d. 1997)
- 1928Jay Cameron, American jazz reed player
- 1961Wendy Thomas, namesake of the eponymous restaurant (Wendy’s)
- 1971Kimberly Williams, American actress
- 1978Silvia Navarro, Mexican actress
- 1982SoShy, French singer-songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.