September 15: Day of the Week
September 15, 2020 was the 259th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 107 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IXJPLIRJYIO? Check your answers here: Word scramble IXJPLIRJYIO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 15 Historical Event(s)
- 1440Gilles de Rais, one of the earliest known serial killers, is taken into custody upon an accusation brought against him by the Bishop of Nantes.
- 1556Departing from Vlissingen, ex-Holy Roman Emperor Charles V returns to Spain.
- 1616The first non-aristocratic, free public school in Europe is opened in Frascati, Italy.
- 1762Seven Years War: Battle of Signal Hill.
- 1812War of 1812: A second supply train sent to relieve Fort Harrison is ambushed in the Attack at the Narrows.
- 1935Nazi Germany adopts a new national flag with the swastika.
- 1940World War II: The climax of the Battle of Britain, when the Royal Air Force shoots down large numbers of Luftwaffe aircraft.
- 1945A hurricane in southern Florida and the Bahamas destroys 366 planes and 25 blimps at NAS Richmond.
- 1952United Nations gives Eritrea to Ethiopia.
- 1993Liechtenstein Prince Hans-Adam II disbands Parliament
Who were born on September 15?
- 1863Horatio Parker, American composer (d. 1919)
- 1906Jacques Becker, French screenwriter and director (d. 1960)
- 1915Albert Whitlock, English motion picture matte artist (d. 1999)
- 1929Murray Gell-Mann, American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1951Pete Carroll, American football coach
- 1955Renzo Rosso, Italian clothing designer
- 1973Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland
- 1978Eiður Guðjohnsen, Icelandic footballer
- 1979Carlos Ruiz, Guatemalan footballer
- 1986Heidi Montag, American TV personality and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.