September 15: Day of the Week
September 15, 2020 is the 259th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 107 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Iris’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 15 Historical Event(s)
- 994Major Fatimid victory over the Byzantine Empire at the Battle of the Orontes.
- 1556Departing from Vlissingen, ex-Holy Roman Emperor Charles V returns to Spain.
- 1820Constitutionalist revolution in Lisbon, Portugal.
- 1831The locomotive John Bull operates for the first time in New Jersey on the Camden and Amboy Railroad.
- 1894First Sino-Japanese War: Japan defeats China in the Battle of Pyongyang.
- 1935Nazi Germany adopts a new national flag with the swastika.
- 1950Korean War: United States forces land at Inchon
- 1966U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, responding to a sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin, writes a letter to Congress urging the enactment of gun control legislation.
- 1972A Scandinavian Airlines System domestic flight from Gothenburg to Stockholm is hijacked and flown to Malmö-Bulltofta Airport.
- 1981Vanuatu becomes a member of the United Nations.
Who were born on September 15?
- 1919Nelson Gidding, American screenwriter (d. 2004)
- 1923Anton Heiller, Austrian organist (d. 1979)
- 1927Norm Crosby, American Comedian
- 1929Murray Gell-Mann, American physicist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1955Željka Antunović, Croatian politician
- 1961Terry Lamb, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1971Nathan Astle, New Zealand cricketer
- 1972Letizia, Princess of Asturias, Spanish royalty
- 1987Clare Maguire, English singer-songwriter
- 1990Oliver Gill, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.