September 15: Day of the Week
September 15, 2022 is the 258th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 107 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VUVBWGRIAO? Check your answers here: Word scramble VUVBWGRIAO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 15 Historical Event(s)
- 668Eastern Roman Emperor Constans II is assassinated in his bath at Syracuse, Italy.
- 1556Departing from Vlissingen, ex-Holy Roman Emperor Charles V returns to Spain.
- 1762Seven Years War: Battle of Signal Hill.
- 1820Constitutionalist revolution in Lisbon, Portugal.
- 1916World War I: Tanks are used for the first time in battle, at the Battle of the Somme.
- 1952United Nations gives Eritrea to Ethiopia.
- 1959Nikita Khrushchev becomes the first Soviet leader to visit the United States.
- 1968The Soviet Zond 5 spaceship is launched, becoming the first spacecraft to fly around the Moon and re-enter the Earth’s atmosphere.
- 1974Air Vietnam flight 727 is hijacked, then crashes while attempting to land with 75 on board.
- 1975The French département of Corse (the entire island of Corsica) is divided into two: Haute-Corse and Corse-du-Sud.
Who were born on September 15?
- 1857William Howard Taft, 27th President of the United States and 10th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1930)
- 1864Prince Sigismund of Prussia (d. 1866)
- 1913Henry Brant, Canadian-born American composer (d. 2008)
- 1933Henry Darrow, American actor
- 1947Theodore Long, American professional wrestling manager
- 1952Paula Duncan, Australian actress
- 1964Doyle Wolfgang von Frankenstein, American musician (The Misfits)
- 1979Dave Annable, American actor
- 1980Jolin Tsai, Taiwanese pop singer
- 1996Jake Cherry, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.