September 15: Day of the Week
September 15, 2019 is the 258th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 107 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 15 Historical Event(s)
- 668Eastern Roman Emperor Constans II is assassinated in his bath at Syracuse, Italy.
- 1776American Revolutionary War: British forces land at Kip’s Bay during the New York Campaign.
- 1812War of 1812: A second supply train sent to relieve Fort Harrison is ambushed in the Attack at the Narrows.
- 1862American Civil War: Confederate forces capture Harpers Ferry, Virginia.
- 1873Franco-Prussian War: The last German troops leave France upon completion of payment of indemnity.
- 1935The Nuremberg Laws deprive German Jews of citizenship.
- 1942World War II: U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Wasp is torpedoed at Guadalcanal.
- 1944Battle of Peleliu begins as the United States Marine Corps’ 1st Marine Division and the United States Army’s 81st Infantry Division hit White and Orange beaches under heavy fire from Japanese infantry and artillery.
- 1958A Central Railroad of New Jersey commuter train runs through an open drawbridge at the Newark Bay, killing 58.
- 1966U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson, responding to a sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin, writes a letter to Congress urging the enactment of gun control legislation.
Who were born on September 15?
- 1892Silpa Bhirasri, Italian sculptor (d. 1962)
- 1904King Umberto II of Italy (d. 1983)
- 1908Kid Sheik, New Orleans jazz trumpeter (d. 1996)
- 1921Norma MacMillan, Canadian actress (d. 2001)
- 1925Forrest Compton, American actor
- 1958Dr. Know, American guitarist (Bad Brains)
- 1972Kit Chan, Singaporean singer
- 1975Martina Krupičková, Czech artist
- 1977Angela Aki, Japanese singer-songwriter
- 1979Carlos Ruiz, Guatemalan footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.