September 16: Day of the Week
September 16, 2020 is the 260th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 106 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Suzanne’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1776American Revolutionary War: the Battle of Harlem Heights is fought.
- 1810With the Grito de Dolores, Father Miguel Hidalgo begins Mexico’s fight for independence from Spain.
- 1863Robert College of Istanbul-Turkey, the first American educational institution outside the United States, is founded by Christopher Robert, an American philanthropist.
- 1893Settlers make a land run for prime land in the Cherokee Strip in Oklahoma.
- 1919The American Legion is incorporated.
- 1940World War II: Italian troops conquer Sidi Barrani.
- 1959The first successful photocopier, the Xerox 914, is introduced in a demonstration on live television from New York City.
- 1966The Metropolitan Opera House opens at Lincoln Center in New York City with the world premiere of Samuel Barber’s opera, Antony and Cleopatra.
- 1987The Montreal Protocol is signed to protect the ozone layer from depletion.
- 1991The trial of the deposed Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega begins in the United States.
Who were born on September 16?
- 1782Daoguang, Emperor of China (d. 1850)
- 1883T. E. Hulme, English writer (d. 1917)
- 1911Paul Henning, American producer and writer (d. 2005)
- 1927Jack Kelly, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1960Jayne Brook, American actress
- 1964Dave Sabo, American musician (Skid Row)
- 1972Mark Bruener, American football player
- 1974Monique Brumby, Australian Indie pop/rock singer-songwriter, guitarist and producer
- 1977Greg Ball, American politician
- 1991Alexandra Paul (figure skater), Canadian figure skater
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.