September 16: Day of the Week
September 16, 2022 was the 259th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 106 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BAJWQIYKRA? Check your answers here: Word search BAJWQIYKRA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 16 Historical Event(s)
- 1400Owain Glyndŵr is declared Prince of Wales by his followers.
- 1863Robert College of Istanbul-Turkey, the first American educational institution outside the United States, is founded by Christopher Robert, an American philanthropist.
- 1908The General Motors Corporation is founded.
- 1919The American Legion is incorporated.
- 1943World War II: The Allied invasion of Italy concludes when Heinrich von Vietinghoff, commander of the German Tenth Army, orders his troops to withdraw from Salerno.
- 1975The Cape Verde Islands, Mozambique, and Sao Tome and Principe join the United Nations.
- 1978An earthquake measuring 7.5 to 7.9 on the Richter scale hits the city of Tabas, Iran killing about 25,000 people.
- 1987The Montreal Protocol is signed to protect the ozone layer from depletion.
- 1990The railroad between the People’s Republic of China and Kazakhstan becomes complete at Dostyk, adding a sizable link to the concept of the Eurasian Land Bridge.
- 2007One-Two-GO Airlines Flight 269 carrying 128 crew and passengers crashes in Thailand killing 89 people.
Who were born on September 16?
- 1666Antoine Parent, French mathematician (d. 1716)
- 1911Paul Henning, American producer and writer (d. 2005)
- 1916Robert Bradshaw, Saint Kitts and Nevis politician (d. 1978)
- 1922Janis Paige, American actress
- 1924Lauren Bacall, American actress
- 1937Alexander Medved, Russian wrestler
- 1939Breyten Breytenbach, South African writer and painter
- 1942Dennis Conner, American yachtsman
- 1956Dave Schulthise, bass guitarist for the punk band Dead Milkmen (d. 2004)
- 1969Janno Gibbs, Filipino singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.