September 17, 1948: Day of the Week
September 17, 1948 was the 261st day of the year 1948 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 105 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
A person born on this day will be 73 years old today. If that same person saved a Quarter every day starting at age 6, then by now that person has accumulated $6,127.75 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September 1948 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1948 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PVHEUWUALHE? Check your answers here: Word solver PVHEUWUALHE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
September 17, 1948 Historical Event(s)
- 1948The Lehi (also known as the Stern gang) assassinates Count Folke Bernadotte, who was appointed by the UN to mediate between the Arab nations and Israel.
- 1948The Nizam of Hyderabad surrenders his sovereignty over the Hyderabad State and joins the Indian Union.
Who were born on September 17, 1948?
- 1948Jeff MacNelly, American political cartoonist (d. 2000)
- 1948John Ritter, American actor (d. 2003)
- 1948Karl Alber, German footballer
- 1948Raphy Leavitt, Puerto Rican composer and salsa orchestra leader
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.