September 18: Day of the Week
September 18, 2019 was the 261st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 104 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sara’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 18 Historical Event(s)
- 14Tiberius is confirmed as Roman Emperor by the Roman Senate following the natural death of Augustus
- 96Nerva is proclaimed Roman Emperor after Domitian is assassinated.
- 1454In the Battle of Chojnice, the Polish army is defeated by the Teutonic army during the Thirteen Years’ War.
- 1837Tiffany and Co. (first named Tiffany & Young) is founded by Charles Lewis Tiffany and Teddy Young in New York City. The store is called a “stationery and fancy goods emporium”.
- 1851First publication of The New-York Daily Times, which later becomes The New York Times.
- 1879The Blackpool Illuminations are switched on for the first time.
- 1919Fritz Pollard becomes the first African-American to play professional football for a major team, the Akron Pros.
- 1991Yugoslavia begins a naval blockade of 7 Adriatic port cities.
- 1992An explosion rocks Giant Mine at the height of a labor dispute, killing 9 replacement workers.
- 2007Buddhist monks join anti-government protesters in Myanmar, starting what some called the Saffron Revolution.
Who were born on September 18?
- 1848Francis Grierson, composer and pianist (d. 1927)
- 1863Hermann Kutter, Swiss theologian (d. 1931)
- 1900Seewoosagur Ramgoolam, 1st Prime Minister of Mauritius (d. 1985)
- 1905Eddie Anderson, American actor (d. 1977)
- 1912María De la Cruz, Chilean political activist for Women’s suffrage, journalist, writer, and political commentator (d. 1995)
- 1926Bob Toski, American golfer
- 1935John Spencer, English snooker player (d. 2006)
- 1959Ian Arkwright, English footballer
- 1963John Powell, British composer
- 1979Vinay Rai, Indian actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.