September 19: Day of the Week
September 19, 2020 was the 263rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 103 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OSCERIBIFF? Check your answers here: Word finder OSCERIBIFF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 19 Historical Event(s)
- 1777American Revolutionary War: British forces win a tactically expensive victory over the Continental Army in the First Battle of Saratoga.
- 1870Having invaded the Papal States a week earlier, the Italian Army lays siege to Rome, entering the city the next day, after which the Pope described himself as a Prisoner in the Vatican.
- 1893Women’s suffrage: in New Zealand, the Electoral Act of 1893 is consented to by the governor giving all women in New Zealand the right to vote.
- 1934Bruno Hauptmann is arrested for the kidnap and murder of Charles Lindbergh Jr.
- 1945Lord Haw Haw (William Joyce) is sentenced to death in London.
- 1961Betty and Barney Hill claim that they saw a mysterious craft in the sky and that it tried to abduct them.
- 1970Kostas Georgakis, a Greek student of Geology, sets himself ablaze in Matteotti Square in Genoa, Italy as a protest against the dictatorial regime of Georgios Papadopoulos.
- 1970The first Glastonbury Festival is held at Michael Eavis’s farm in Glastonbury, United Kingdom.
- 1976Turkish Airlines Boeing 727 hits the Taurus Mountains, outskirt of Karatepe, Osmaniye, Turkey, killing all 155 passengers and crew.
- 1983Saint Kitts and Nevis gains its independence.
Who were born on September 19?
- 1888Porter Hall, American actor d. 1953
- 1908Mika Waltari, Finnish novelist (d. 1979)
- 1913Frances Farmer, American actress (d. 1970)
- 1940Anna Karen, South African–born British actress
- 1963David Seaman, English footballer
- 1965Alexandra Vandernoot, Belgian actress
- 1967Stéphane Crête, Canadian actor
- 1972Matt Cockbain, Australian rugby player
- 1976Jan Hlaváč, Czech ice hockey player
- 1979Hermione Granger, Brightest Witch
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.