September 2: Day of the Week
September 2, 2021 is the 245th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 120 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OEVVYXKOBE? Check your answers here: Word search OEVVYXKOBE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 2 Historical Event(s)
- 44 BCPharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt declares her son co-ruler as Ptolemy XV Caesarion.
- 1752Great Britain adopts the Gregorian calendar, nearly two centuries later than most of Western Europe.
- 1789The United States Department of the Treasury is founded.
- 1806A massive landslide destroys the town of Goldau, Switzerland, killing 457.
- 1859A solar super storm affects electrical telegraph service.
- 1862American Civil War: President Abraham Lincoln reluctantly restores Union General George B. McClellan to full command after General John Pope’s disastrous defeat at the Second Battle of Bull Run.
- 1867Mutsuhito, Emperor Meiji of Japan, marries Masako Ichijō. The Empress consort is thereafter known as Lady Haruko. Since her death in 1914, she is called by the posthumous name Empress Shōken.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: Battle of Sedan – Prussian forces take Napoleon III of France and 100,000 of his soldiers prisoner.
- 1898Battle of Omdurman – British and Egyptian troops defeat Sudanese tribesmen and establish British dominance in Sudan.
- 1945World War II: Combat ends in the Pacific Theater: the Instrument of Surrender of Japan is signed by Japanese Foreign Minister Mamoru Shigemitsu and accepted aboard the battleship USS Missouri in Tokyo Bay.
Who were born on September 2?
- 1675William Somervile, English poet (d. 1742)
- 1854Hans Jæger, Norwegian writer and political activist (d. 1910)
- 1879An Jung-geun, Korean assassin of Ito Hirobumi (d. 1910)
- 1941John Thompson, Jr., American college basketball coach
- 1951Jon Feltheimer, American film executive
- 1961Carlos Valderrama, Colombian footballer
- 1964Keanu Reeves, Canadian actor
- 1965Partho Sen-Gupta, Indian filmmaker
- 1976Phil Lipscomb, American bassist (Taproot)
- 1977Amanda Marcotte, American feminist blogger
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.