September 2: Day of the Week
September 2, 2021 is the 245th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 120 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EBLPZEAQS? Check your answers here: Word search EBLPZEAQS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 2 Historical Event(s)
- 31 BCFinal War of the Roman Republic: Battle of Actium – off the western coast of Greece, forces of Octavian defeat troops under Mark Antony and Cleopatra.
- 1752Great Britain adopts the Gregorian calendar, nearly two centuries later than most of Western Europe.
- 1807The Royal Navy bombards Copenhagen with fire bombs and phosphorus rockets to prevent Denmark from surrendering its fleet to Napoleon.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: Battle of Sedan – Prussian forces take Napoleon III of France and 100,000 of his soldiers prisoner.
- 1901Vice President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt utters the famous phrase, “Speak softly and carry a big stick” at the Minnesota State Fair.
- 1935Labor Day Hurricane of 1935: a large hurricane hits the Florida Keys killing 423.
- 1939World War II: following the start of the invasion of Poland the previous day, the Free City of Danzig (now Gdańsk, Poland) is annexed by Nazi Germany.
- 1958United States Air Force C-130A-II is shot down by fighters over Yerevan in Armenia when it strays into Soviet airspace while conducting a sigint mission. All crew members are killed.
- 1963CBS Evening News becomes U.S. network television’s first half-hour weeknight news broadcast, when the show is lengthened from 15 to 30 minutes.
- 1970NASA announces the cancellation of two Apollo missions to the Moon, Apollo 15 (the designation is re-used by a later mission), and Apollo 19.
Who were born on September 2?
- 1830William P. Frye, American politician (d. 1911)
- 1852Paul Bourget, French novelist and critic (d. 1935)
- 1931Clifford Jordan, American jazz saxophonist (d. 1993)
- 1934Chuck McCann, American voice actor.
- 1937Peter Ueberroth, American sport executive
- 1938Mary Jo Catlett, American actress
- 1951Michael Gray, American actor
- 1968Cynthia Watros, American actress
- 1971Pawan Kalyan, Indian actor
- 1971Shauna Sand, American actress and Playboy Playmate
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.