September 2: Day of the Week
September 2, 2020 is the 246th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 120 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Harvey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 2 Historical Event(s)
- 44 BCPharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt declares her son co-ruler as Ptolemy XV Caesarion.
- 44 BCCicero launches the first of his Philippics (oratorical attacks) on Mark Antony. He will make 14 of them over the following months.
- 1666The Great Fire of London breaks out and burns for three days, destroying 10,000 buildings including St Paul’s Cathedral.
- 1811The University of Oslo is founded as The Royal Fredericks University, after Frederick VI of Denmark and Norway.
- 1859A solar super storm affects electrical telegraph service.
- 1867Mutsuhito, Emperor Meiji of Japan, marries Masako Ichijō. The Empress consort is thereafter known as Lady Haruko. Since her death in 1914, she is called by the posthumous name Empress Shōken.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: Battle of Sedan – Prussian forces take Napoleon III of France and 100,000 of his soldiers prisoner.
- 1957President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam becomes the first foreign head of state to make a state visit to Australia.
- 1960The first election of the Parliament of the Central Tibetan Administration, in history of Tibet. The Tibetan community observes this date as the Democracy Day.
- 1998The UN’s International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda finds Jean Paul Akayesu, the former mayor of a small town in Rwanda, guilty of nine counts of genocide.
Who were born on September 2?
- 1854Hans Jæger, Norwegian writer and political activist (d. 1910)
- 1883Archduchess Elisabeth Marie of Austria, “The Red Archduchess” (d. 1963)
- 1913Bill Shankly, Scottish football manager (d. 1981)
- 1915Benjamin Aaron, American labor law expert (d. 2007)
- 1946Luis Avalos, Cuban actor
- 1960John S. Hall, American poet and spoken-word artist
- 1966Marcello Cuttitta, Italian rugby player
- 1976Erin Hershey Presley, American actress
- 1977Frédéric Kanouté, Malian footballer
- 1981Bracha van Doesburgh, Dutch actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.