September 2: Day of the Week
September 2, 2019 was the 245th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 120 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Aimee’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 2 Historical Event(s)
- 421Emperor Constantius III dies suddenly of an illness, his wife Galla Placidia becomes for the second time widow.
- 1752Great Britain adopts the Gregorian calendar, nearly two centuries later than most of Western Europe.
- 1789The United States Department of the Treasury is founded.
- 1792During what became known as the September Massacres of the French Revolution, rampaging mobs slaughter three Roman Catholic Church bishops, more than two hundred priests, and prisoners believed to be royalist sympathizers.
- 1856The Tianjing Incident takes place in Nanjing, China.
- 1859A solar super storm affects electrical telegraph service.
- 1885Rock Springs massacre: in Rock Springs, Wyoming, 150 white miners, who are struggling to unionize so they could strike for better wages and work conditions, attack their Chinese fellow workers killing 28, wounding 15 and forcing several hundred more out of town.
- 1957President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam becomes the first foreign head of state to make a state visit to Australia.
- 1960The first election of the Parliament of the Central Tibetan Administration, in history of Tibet. The Tibetan community observes this date as the Democracy Day.
- 1991Nagorno Karabakh declares its independence from Azerbaijan forming the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
Who were born on September 2?
- 1877Frederick Soddy, British chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1956)
- 1884Dr. Frank Laubach, American Christian missionary (d. 1970)
- 1901Andreas Embirikos, Greek surrealist poet (d. 1975)
- 1915Meinhardt Raabe, American actor (d. 2010)
- 1928Horace Silver, American jazz pianist and composer
- 1951Michael Gray, American actor
- 1964Keanu Reeves, Canadian actor
- 1968Cynthia Watros, American actress
- 1982Jason Hammel, American baseball player
- 1989Markieff Morris, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.