September 2: Day of the Week
September 2, 2018 was the 245th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 120 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 2 Historical Event(s)
- 44 BCPharaoh Cleopatra VII of Egypt declares her son co-ruler as Ptolemy XV Caesarion.
- 44 BCCicero launches the first of his Philippics (oratorical attacks) on Mark Antony. He will make 14 of them over the following months.
- 1666The Great Fire of London breaks out and burns for three days, destroying 10,000 buildings including St Paul’s Cathedral.
- 1752Great Britain adopts the Gregorian calendar, nearly two centuries later than most of Western Europe.
- 1789The United States Department of the Treasury is founded.
- 1862American Civil War: President Abraham Lincoln reluctantly restores Union General George B. McClellan to full command after General John Pope’s disastrous defeat at the Second Battle of Bull Run.
- 1898Battle of Omdurman – British and Egyptian troops defeat Sudanese tribesmen and establish British dominance in Sudan.
- 1957President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam becomes the first foreign head of state to make a state visit to Australia.
- 1970NASA announces the cancellation of two Apollo missions to the Moon, Apollo 15 (the designation is re-used by a later mission), and Apollo 19.
- 1998The UN’s International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda finds Jean Paul Akayesu, the former mayor of a small town in Rwanda, guilty of nine counts of genocide.
Who were born on September 2?
- 1847Roger Wolcott, 39th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1900)
- 1852Paul Bourget, French novelist and critic (d. 1935)
- 1877Frederick Soddy, British chemist, Nobel laureate (d. 1956)
- 1911Romare Bearden, African American painter (d. 1988)
- 1948Christa McAuliffe, American schoolteacher and astronaut (d. 1986)
- 1951Michael Gray, American actor
- 1974Steven Johnson, Australian racing driver
- 1980Hiroki Yoshimoto, Japanese racing driver
- 1982Joey Barton, English footballer
- 1987Scott Moir, Canadian ice dancer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.