September 2: Day of the Week
September 2, 2019 was the 245th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 120 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Margaret’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1792During what became known as the September Massacres of the French Revolution, rampaging mobs slaughter three Roman Catholic Church bishops, more than two hundred priests, and prisoners believed to be royalist sympathizers.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: Battle of Sedan – Prussian forces take Napoleon III of France and 100,000 of his soldiers prisoner.
- 1901Vice President of the United States Theodore Roosevelt utters the famous phrase, “Speak softly and carry a big stick” at the Minnesota State Fair.
- 1935Labor Day Hurricane of 1935: a large hurricane hits the Florida Keys killing 423.
- 1945Vietnam declares its independence, forming the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
- 1960The first election of the Parliament of the Central Tibetan Administration, in history of Tibet. The Tibetan community observes this date as the Democracy Day.
- 1991Nagorno Karabakh declares its independence from Azerbaijan forming the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
- 1991The United States recognize the independence of the Baltic states: Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
- 1992An earthquake in Nicaragua kills at least 116 people.
- 1998The UN’s International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda finds Jean Paul Akayesu, the former mayor of a small town in Rwanda, guilty of nine counts of genocide.
Who were born on September 2?
- 1915Benjamin Aaron, American labor law expert (d. 2007)
- 1936Andrew Grove, American computer chip manufacturer
- 1941David Bale, South African–born American animal rights activist (d. 2003)
- 1949Moira Stuart, British journalist
- 1962Jon Berkeley, Irish author and illustrator
- 1969Stephen Peall, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1971Shauna Sand, American actress and Playboy Playmate
- 1972Robert Coles, English golfer
- 1975MC Chris, American rapper
- 1981Chris Tremlett, English cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.