September 2: Day of the Week
September 2, 2020 is the 246th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 120 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Howard’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 2 Historical Event(s)
- 1752Great Britain adopts the Gregorian calendar, nearly two centuries later than most of Western Europe.
- 1807The Royal Navy bombards Copenhagen with fire bombs and phosphorus rockets to prevent Denmark from surrendering its fleet to Napoleon.
- 1811The University of Oslo is founded as The Royal Fredericks University, after Frederick VI of Denmark and Norway.
- 1885Rock Springs massacre: in Rock Springs, Wyoming, 150 white miners, who are struggling to unionize so they could strike for better wages and work conditions, attack their Chinese fellow workers killing 28, wounding 15 and forcing several hundred more out of town.
- 1935Labor Day Hurricane of 1935: a large hurricane hits the Florida Keys killing 423.
- 1939World War II: following the start of the invasion of Poland the previous day, the Free City of Danzig (now Gdańsk, Poland) is annexed by Nazi Germany.
- 1958United States Air Force C-130A-II is shot down by fighters over Yerevan in Armenia when it strays into Soviet airspace while conducting a sigint mission. All crew members are killed.
- 1960The first election of the Parliament of the Central Tibetan Administration, in history of Tibet. The Tibetan community observes this date as the Democracy Day.
- 1990Transnistria is unilaterally proclaimed a Soviet republic; the Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev declares the decision null and void.
- 1991Nagorno Karabakh declares its independence from Azerbaijan forming the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
Who were born on September 2?
- 1661Georg Böhm, German organist (d. 1733)
- 1941Graeme Langlands, Australian rugby league footballer
- 1943Rosalind Ashford, American singer (Martha and the Vandellas)
- 1946Dan White, American assassin (d. 1985)
- 1947Richard Coughlan, English drummer and percussionist (Caravan)
- 1948Nate Archibald, American basketball player
- 1956Angelo Fusco, Northern Irish Provisional Irish Republican Army member
- 1971César Sánchez, Spanish footballer
- 1982Joey Barton, English footballer
- 1986Rob Ramsay, Canadian Actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.