September 21: Day of the Week
September 21, 2021 is the 264th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 101 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AAARBK? Check your answers here: Word finder AAARBK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1217Livonian Crusade: The Estonian tribal leader Lembitu and Livonian leader Kaupo are killed in Battle of St. Matthew’s Day.
- 1435An agreement between Charles VII of France and Philip the Good ends the partnership between the English and Burgundy in Hundred Years’ War.
- 1745Battle of Prestonpans: A Hanoverian army under the command of Sir John Cope is defeated, in ten minutes, by the Jacobite forces of Prince Charles Edward Stuart
- 1780American Revolutionary War: Benedict Arnold gives the British the plans to West Point.
- 1823Joseph Smith is reportedly visited by the angel Moroni, who told him the location of gold plates, which Smith obtained four years later and partially translated into The Book of Mormon.
- 1860In the Second Opium War, an Anglo-French force defeats Chinese troops at the Battle of Palikao.
- 1898Empress Dowager Cixi seizes power and ends the Hundred Days’ Reform in China.
- 1921A storage silo in Oppau, Germany, explodes, killing 500-600 people.
- 1933Salvador Lutteroth ran the first ever EMLL (now CMLL) show in Mexico, marking the birth of Lucha Libre
- 1971Bahrain, Bhutan and Qatar join the United Nations.
Who were born on September 21?
- 1756John MacAdam, Scottish engineer and road-builder (d. 1836)
- 1860Wilson Kettle, Canadian centenarian (d. 1963)
- 1929Bernard Williams, English philosopher (d. 2003)
- 1940Bill Kurtis, American television journalist
- 1944Bobby Tench, British vocalist and guitarist
- 1944Steve Beshear, American politician
- 1973Heather Brewer, American author.
- 1979Bradford Anderson, American actor
- 1983Anna Meares, Australian cyclist
- 1983Fernando Cavenaghi, Argentinian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.