September 21: Day of the Week
September 21, 2019 was the 264th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 101 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kerry’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1780American Revolutionary War: Benedict Arnold gives the British the plans to West Point.
- 1792The National Convention declares France a republic and abolishes the monarchy.
- 1823Joseph Smith is reportedly visited by the angel Moroni, who told him the location of gold plates, which Smith obtained four years later and partially translated into The Book of Mormon.
- 1898Empress Dowager Cixi seizes power and ends the Hundred Days’ Reform in China.
- 1934A large typhoon hits western Honshū, Japan, killing 3,036 people.
- 1939Romanian Prime Minister Armand Calinescu is assassinated by ultranationalist members of the Iron Guard.
- 1942In Poland, at the end of Yom Kippur, Germans order Jews to permanently evacuate Konstantynów and move to the Ghetto in Biała Podlaska, established to assemble Jews from seven nearby towns, including Janów Podlaski, Rossosz and Terespol.
- 1953LT No Kum-Sok a North Korean pilot defected to South Korea and is associated with Operation Moolah.
- 1965Gambia, Maldives and Singapore are admitted as members of the United Nations.
- 1993Russian President Boris Yeltsin suspends parliament and scraps the then-functioning constitution, thus triggering the Russian constitutional crisis of 1993.
Who were born on September 21?
- 1559Cigoli, Florentine painter, architect, and sculptor (d. 1613)
- 1896Walter Breuning, American supercentenarian (d. 2011)
- 1926Noor Jehan, Pakistani singer and actress (d. 2000)
- 1927Ward Swingle, American vocalist and jazz musician
- 1955Mika Kaurismäki, Finnish director
- 1969Curtis Leschyshyn, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1971John Crawley, English cricketer
- 1980Nyree Lewis, British Paralympic swimmer
- 1982Parvati Shallow, American reality show contestant
- 1987Ashley Paris, American basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.