September 21: Day of the Week
September 21, 2019 was the 264th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 101 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Skylar’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1217Livonian Crusade: The Estonian tribal leader Lembitu and Livonian leader Kaupo are killed in Battle of St. Matthew’s Day.
- 1435An agreement between Charles VII of France and Philip the Good ends the partnership between the English and Burgundy in Hundred Years’ War.
- 1776Part of New York City is burned shortly after being occupied by British forces.
- 1823Joseph Smith is reportedly visited by the angel Moroni, who told him the location of gold plates, which Smith obtained four years later and partially translated into The Book of Mormon.
- 1898Empress Dowager Cixi seizes power and ends the Hundred Days’ Reform in China.
- 1942In Dunaivtsi, Ukraine, Nazis murder 2,588 Jews.
- 1953LT No Kum-Sok a North Korean pilot defected to South Korea and is associated with Operation Moolah.
- 1961Maiden flight of the CH-47 Chinook transportation helicopter.
- 1965Gambia, Maldives and Singapore are admitted as members of the United Nations.
- 1981Sandra Day O'Connor is unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate as the first female Supreme Court justice.
Who were born on September 21?
- 1756John MacAdam, Scottish engineer and road-builder (d. 1836)
- 1902Luis Cernuda, Spanish poet (d. 1963)
- 1929Bernard Williams, English philosopher (d. 2003)
- 1929Shafi Hadi, American jazz tenor and alto saxophonist
- 1933Dick Simon, American racing driver
- 1941R. James Woolsey, Jr., American Central Intelligence Agency director
- 1945G.C. Cameron, American soul and R&B singer
- 1946Moritz Leuenberger, Swiss jurist
- 1947Marsha Norman, American playwright
- 1968Ricki Lake, American actress and talk show hostess
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.