September 21: Day of the Week
September 21, 2020 was the 265th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 101 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CPUMARZEMVI? Check your answers here: Word scramble CPUMARZEMVI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 21 Historical Event(s)
- 1435An agreement between Charles VII of France and Philip the Good ends the partnership between the English and Burgundy in Hundred Years’ War.
- 1745Battle of Prestonpans: A Hanoverian army under the command of Sir John Cope is defeated, in ten minutes, by the Jacobite forces of Prince Charles Edward Stuart
- 1792The National Convention declares France a republic and abolishes the monarchy.
- 1921A storage silo in Oppau, Germany, explodes, killing 500-600 people.
- 1938The Great Hurricane of 1938 makes landfall on Long Island in New York. The death toll is estimated at 500-700 people.
- 1942In Dunaivtsi, Ukraine, Nazis murder 2,588 Jews.
- 1976Orlando Letelier is assassinated in Washington, D.C. He is a member of the Chilean socialist government of Salvador Allende, overthrown in 1973 by Augusto Pinochet.
- 1981Belize is granted full independence from the United Kingdom.
- 1984Brunei joins the United Nations.
- 1993Russian President Boris Yeltsin suspends parliament and scraps the then-functioning constitution, thus triggering the Russian constitutional crisis of 1993.
Who were born on September 21?
- 1840Murad V, Ottoman Sultan (d. 1904)
- 1863John Bunny, American film comedian (d. 1915)
- 1916Françoise Giroud, French journalist and politician (d. 2003)
- 1917Phyllis Nicolson, British mathematician (d. 1968)
- 1926Noor Jehan, Pakistani singer and actress (d. 2000)
- 1944Fannie Flagg, American actress and novelist
- 1947Don Felder, American guitarist (Eagles)
- 1969Curtis Leschyshyn, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1980Autumn Reeser, American actress
- 1980Kareena Kapoor, Indian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.