September 22: Day of the Week
September 22, 2018 was the 265th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 100 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 22: This Day in History
It is frequently the day of the Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the day of the Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere.
September 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1499Treaty of Basel: Switzerland becomes an independent state.
- 1851The city of Des Moines, Iowa is incorporated as Fort Des Moines.
- 1866Battle of Curupaity in the War of the Triple Alliance.
- 1896Queen Victoria surpasses her grandfather King George III as the longest reigning monarch in British history.
- 1910The Duke of York’s Picture House opens in Brighton, now the oldest continually operating cinema in Britain.
- 1927Jack Dempsey loses the “Long Count” boxing match to Gene Tunney.
- 1937Spanish Civil War: Peña Blanca is taken; the end of the Battle of El Mazuco.
- 1941World War II: On Jewish New Year Day, the German SS murder 6,000 Jews in Vinnytsya, Ukraine. Those are the survivors of the previous killings that took place a few days earlier in which about 24,000 Jews were executed.
- 1965The Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 (also known as the Second Kashmir War) between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, ends after the UN calls for a cease-fire.
- 1995An E-3B AWACS crashes outside Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska after multiple bird strikes to two of the four engines soon after takeoff; all 24 on board are killed.
Who were born on September 22?
- 1788Theodore Edward Hook, English author (d. 1841)
- 1907Hermann Schlichting, German fluid dynamics engineer (d. 1982)
- 1946Larry Dierker, American baseball player and manager
- 1947Robert Morace, American writer
- 1948Denis Burke, Australian politician
- 1957Nick Cave, Australian musician
- 1958Christian Dozzler, blues, boogie woogie and zydeco multi-instrumentalist and singer from Austria, now based in Dallas/Fort Worth
- 1960Ernest Martin, American convicted murderer (d. 2003)
- 1973Blake Sennett, guitarist, keyboardist and singer for indie rock bands Rilo Kiley and The Elected
- 1982Mandy Chiang, Hong Kong singer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.