September 22: Day of the Week
September 22, 2019 was the 265th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 100 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Isabelle’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 22: This Day in History
It is frequently the day of the Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the day of the Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere.
September 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1789The office of United States Postmaster General is established.
- 1792Primidi Vendémiaire of year 1 of the French Republican Calendar as the French First Republic comes into being.
- 1866Battle of Curupaity in the War of the Triple Alliance.
- 1927Jack Dempsey loses the “Long Count” boxing match to Gene Tunney.
- 1934An explosion takes place at Gresford Colliery in Wales, leading to the deaths of 266 miners and rescuers.
- 1939Joint victory parade of Wehrmacht and Red Army in Brest-Litovsk at the end of the Invasion of Poland.
- 1955In the United Kingdom, the television channel ITV goes live for the first time.
- 1993A Transair Georgian Airlines Tu-154 is shot down by a missile in Sukhumi, Georgia.
- 1993A barge strikes a railroad bridge near Mobile, Alabama, causing the deadliest train wreck in Amtrak history. 47 passengers are killed.
- 1995An E-3B AWACS crashes outside Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska after multiple bird strikes to two of the four engines soon after takeoff; all 24 on board are killed.
Who were born on September 22?
- 1715Jean-Étienne Guettard, French physician and scientist (d. 1786)
- 1920Eric Baker, British human rights activist (d. 1976)
- 1927Tommy Lasorda, American baseball manager
- 1930P. B. Sreenivas, Indian Play-back singer
- 1952M.R. Sukhumbhand Paribatra, Thai politician, current Governor of Bangkok
- 1956Debby Boone, American singer
- 1958Lynn Herring, American actress
- 1961Marq Torien, American Rock singer (BulletBoys)
- 1967Matt Besser, American comedian
- 1975Roberto Flores, Chicano rapper and music producer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.