September 22: Day of the Week
September 22, 2020 is the 266th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 100 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Dominique’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 22: This Day in History
It is frequently the day of the Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the day of the Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere.
September 22 Historical Event(s)
- 1789Battle of Rymnik establishes Alexander Suvorov as a pre-eminent Russian military commander after his allied army defeat superior Ottoman Empire forces.
- 1792Primidi Vendémiaire of year 1 of the French Republican Calendar as the French First Republic comes into being.
- 1851The city of Des Moines, Iowa is incorporated as Fort Des Moines.
- 1888The first issue of National Geographic Magazine is published.
- 1934An explosion takes place at Gresford Colliery in Wales, leading to the deaths of 266 miners and rescuers.
- 1939Joint victory parade of Wehrmacht and Red Army in Brest-Litovsk at the end of the Invasion of Poland.
- 1965The Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 (also known as the Second Kashmir War) between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, ends after the UN calls for a cease-fire.
- 1979The Vela Incident (also known as the South Atlantic Flash) is observed near Bouvet Island, thought to be a nuclear weapons test.
- 1993A Transair Georgian Airlines Tu-154 is shot down by a missile in Sukhumi, Georgia.
- 1993A barge strikes a railroad bridge near Mobile, Alabama, causing the deadliest train wreck in Amtrak history. 47 passengers are killed.
Who were born on September 22?
- 1515Anne of Cleves, wife of Henry VIII of England (d. 1557)
- 1791Michael Faraday, English scientist (d. 1867)
- 1882Wilhelm Keitel, German field marshal (d. 1946)
- 1885Ben Chifley, Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1951)
- 1944Brian Gibson, British film director (d. 2004)
- 1953Ségolène Royal, French politician
- 1956Doug Wimbish, American bass guitar player
- 1961Bonnie Hunt, American actress
- 1975Bob Sapp, American boxer and kickboxer
- 1981Subaru Shibutani, Japanese singer (Kanjani8)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.