September 23: Day of the Week
September 23, 2021 is the 266th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 99 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ILUGITO? Check your answers here: Word solver ILUGITO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 23: This Day in History
It is frequently the day of the Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the day of the Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere.
September 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1642First commencement exercises occur at Harvard College.
- 1779American Revolution: a squadron commanded by John Paul Jones on board the USS Bonhomme Richard wins the Battle of Flamborough Head, off the coast of England, against two British warships.
- 1846Neptune is discovered by French astronomer Urbain Jean Joseph Le Verrier and British astronomer John Couch Adams; the discovery is verified by German astronomer Johann Gottfried Galle.
- 1905Norway and Sweden sign the “Karlstad treaty”, peacefully dissolving the Union between the two countries.
- 1908University of Alberta in Alberta, Canada, is founded.
- 1932The Kingdom of Hejaz and Nejd is renamed the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- 1936First ascent of Siniolchu by a German team.
- 1983Saint Kitts and Nevis joins the United Nations.
- 1988José Canseco of the Oakland Athletics becomes the first member of the 40-40 club.
- 2004Hurricane Jeanne: At least 1,070 in Haiti are reported to have been killed by floods.
Who were born on September 23?
- 1650Jeremy Collier, English bishop (d. 1726)
- 1863Mary Eliza Church Terrell, American writer (d. 1954)
- 1920Mickey Rooney, American actor
- 1936Valentín Paniagua Corazao, Peruvian politician
- 1938Romy Schneider, French actress (d. 1982)
- 1957Kumar Sanu, Indian playback singer
- 1975Eric Miller, Irish rugby player
- 1975Jaime Bergman, American model and actress
- 1976Faune A. Chambers, American actress
- 1981Robert Doornbos, Dutch racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.