September 23: Day of the Week
September 23, 2019 is the 266th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 99 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 23: This Day in History
It is frequently the day of the Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the day of the Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere.
September 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1780American Revolution: British Major John André is arrested as a spy by American soldiers exposing Benedict Arnold’s change of sides.
- 1806Lewis and Clark return to St. Louis after exploring the Pacific Northwest of the United States.
- 1889Nintendo Koppai (Later Nintendo Company, Limited) is founded by Fusajiro Yamauchi to produce and market the playing card game Hanafuda.
- 1905Norway and Sweden sign the “Karlstad treaty”, peacefully dissolving the Union between the two countries.
- 1938Mobilization of the Czechoslovak army in response to the Munich Crisis.
- 1941World War II: The first gas chamber experiments are conducted at Auschwitz.
- 1942World War II: First day of the September Matanikau action on Guadalcanal as United States Marine Corps forces attack Imperial Japanese Army units along the Matanikau River.
- 1972Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos announces over television and radio the implementation of martial law.
- 1983Gerrie Coetzee of South Africa becomes the first African boxing world heavyweight champion.
- 1988José Canseco of the Oakland Athletics becomes the first member of the 40-40 club.
Who were born on September 23?
- 1800William Holmes McGuffey, American educator and textbook author (d. 1873)
- 1911Frank Moss, United States Senator from Utah (d. 2003)
- 1916Aldo Moro, Italian politician (d. 1978)
- 1938Romy Schneider, French actress (d. 1982)
- 1961Elizabeth Peña, American actress
- 1961Willie McCool, American astronaut (d. 2003)
- 1968Yvette Fielding, English television presenter
- 1980Cameron Litvack, American television producer
- 1984Anneliese van der Pol, American actress
- 1990Agustin Sierra, Argentine actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.