September 23: Day of the Week
September 23, 2020 is the 267th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 99 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jose’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 23: This Day in History
It is frequently the day of the Autumnal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere and the day of the Vernal Equinox in the Southern Hemisphere.
September 23 Historical Event(s)
- 1459Battle of Blore Heath, the first major battle of the English Wars of the Roses, is fought at Blore Heath in Staffordshire.
- 1803Second Anglo-Maratha War: Battle of Assaye between the British East India Company and the Maratha Empire in India.
- 1845The Knickerbockers Baseball Club, the first baseball team to play under the modern rules, is founded in New York.
- 1905Norway and Sweden sign the “Karlstad treaty”, peacefully dissolving the Union between the two countries.
- 1959The MS Princess of Tasmania, Australia’s first passenger roll-on/roll-off diesel ferry, makes her maiden voyage across Bass Strait.
- 1962The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts in New York City opens with the completion of the first building, the Philharmonic Hall (now Avery Fisher Hall) home of the New York Philharmonic.
- 1969The Chicago Eight trial opens in Chicago.
- 1972Philippine President Ferdinand Marcos announces over television and radio the implementation of martial law.
- 1992A large Provisional Irish Republican Army bomb destroys forensic laboratories in Belfast.
- 2004Hurricane Jeanne: At least 1,070 in Haiti are reported to have been killed by floods.
Who were born on September 23?
- 1861Robert Bosch, German inventor and industrialist (d. 1942)
- 1945Igor Ivanov, Russian politician
- 1959Jason Alexander, American actor
- 1966LisaRaye, American actress
- 1971Eric Montross, American basketball player
- 1971Moin Khan, Pakistani cricketer
- 1972Ana Marie Cox, American blogger and author
- 1975Kim Dong-moon, South Korean badminton player
- 1979Ricky Davis, American basketball player
- 1984Kate French, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.