September 24: Day of the Week
September 24, 2021 is the 267th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 98 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OCZAYBEOU? Check your answers here: Word solver OCZAYBEOU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 24 Historical Event(s)
- 1674Second Tantrik Coronation of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- 1841The Sultan of Brunei cedes Sarawak to the United Kingdom.
- 1869“Black Friday”: Gold prices plummet after Ulysses S. Grant orders the Treasury to sell large quantities of gold after Jay Gould and James Fisk plot to control the market.
- 1890The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints officially renounces polygamy.
- 1932Gandhi and Dr. B. R. Ambedkar agree to the Poona Pact, which reserved seats in the Indian provincial legislatures for the “Depressed Classes” (Untouchables).
- 1935Earl Bascom and Weldon Bascom produce the first rodeo ever held outdoors under electric lights at Columbia, Mississippi
- 1957Camp Nou, the largest stadium in Europe, is opened in Barcelona.
- 1957President Dwight D. Eisenhower sends 101st Airborne Division troops to Little Rock, Arkansas, to enforce desegregation.
- 196860 Minutes debuts on CBS.
- 2009The G20 summit begins in Pittsburgh with 30 global leaders in attendance. It marks the first use of LRAD in U.S. history.
Who were born on September 24?
- 1755John Marshall, 4th Chief Justice of the United States (d. 1835)
- 1883Franklin Clarence Mars, Founder of Mars, Incorporated (d. 1934)
- 1918Audra Lindley, American actress (d. 1997)
- 1941John Mackey, football player
- 1945John Rutter, British composer, conductor, editor, arranger and record producer
- 1965Sean McNabb, American bassist (Quiet Riot, Great White, Rough Cutt, House of Lords)
- 1969Shawn Crahan, American musician (Slipknot)
- 1974John McDonald, American baseball player
- 1985Jessica Lucas, Canadian actress
- 1986Leah Dizon, American model and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.