September 24: Day of the Week
September 24, 2020 was the 268th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 98 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IMRFETFCRUAA? Check your answers here: Word solver IMRFETFCRUAA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 24 Historical Event(s)
- 622Prophet Muhammad completes his hijra from Mecca to Medina.
- 1841The Sultan of Brunei cedes Sarawak to the United Kingdom.
- 1852The first airship powered by (a steam) engine, created by Henri Giffard, travels 17 mi from Paris to Trappes.
- 1932Gandhi and Dr. B. R. Ambedkar agree to the Poona Pact, which reserved seats in the Indian provincial legislatures for the “Depressed Classes” (Untouchables).
- 1935Earl Bascom and Weldon Bascom produce the first rodeo ever held outdoors under electric lights at Columbia, Mississippi
- 1946Cathay Pacific Airways is founded in Hong Kong.
- 1946Clark Clifford and George Elsey, military advisers to U.S. President Harry S. Truman, present him with a top-secret report on the Soviet Union that first recommends the containment policy.
- 1973Guinea-Bissau declares its independence from Portugal.
- 1990Periodic Great White Spot is observed on Saturn.
- 1996Representatives of 71 nations sign the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty at the United Nations.
Who were born on September 24?
- 1900Ham Fisher, American cartoonist (d. 1955)
- 1911Konstantin Chernenko, Soviet premier (d. 1985)
- 1921Jim McKay, American sportscaster (d. 2008)
- 1932Dominique Michel, Canadian comedian
- 1934Chick Willis, American blues singer
- 1957Wolfgang Wolf, German footballer and manager
- 1979Justin Bruening, American actor
- 1981Ryan Briscoe, Australian racing driver
- 1984Tyrone Maria, Curaçao footballer
- 1991Maximiliano Uggè, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.