September 25: Day of the Week
September 25, 2019 was the 268th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 97 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ernest’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 25 Historical Event(s)
- 275In Rome, (after the assassination of Aurelian), the Senate proclaims Marcus Claudius Tacitus Emperor.
- 1555The Peace of Augsburg is signed in Augsburg by Charles V and the princes of the Schmalkaldic League.
- 1846U.S. forces led by Zachary Taylor capture the Mexican city of Monterrey.
- 1915World War I: The Second Battle of Champagne begins.
- 1956TAT-1, the first submarine transatlantic telephone cable system, is inaugurated.
- 1957Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas, is integrated by the use of United States Army troops.
- 1959Solomon Bandaranaike, Prime Minister of Sri Lanka is mortally wounded by a Buddhist monk, Talduwe Somarama, and dies the next day.
- 1983Maze Prison escape: 38 republican prisoners, armed with 6 handguns, hijack a prison meals lorry and smash their way out of the Maze prison. It is the largest prison escape since WWII and in British history.
- 1996The last of the Magdalene Asylums closes in Ireland.
- 2002The Vitim event, a possible bolide impact in Siberia, Russia.
Who were born on September 25?
- 1771Nikolay Nikolayevich Raevsky, Russian general (d. 1829)
- 1908Jacqueline Audry, French film director (d. 1977)
- 1933Hubie Brown, American basketball coach and broadcaster
- 1945Carol Vadnais, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1945Kathleen Brown, American politician
- 1955Zucchero, Italian musician
- 1956Winfried Stradt, German footballer
- 1960Igor Belanov, Ukrainian footballer
- 1962Beth Toussaint, American actress
- 1975Daniel Hyde, British actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.