September 26, 1983: Day of the Week
September 26, 1983 was the 269th day of the year 1983 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 96 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 40 years old today. If that same person saved a dollar every day starting at age 4, then by now that person has accumulated $13,155.00 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FBEEVMWAZAXAD? Check your answers here: Words with these letters FBEEVMWAZAXAD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the September 1983 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1983 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
September 26, 1983 Historical Event(s)
- 1983Australia II wins the America’s Cup, ending the longest winning streak in sporting history.
- 1983Soviet military officer Stanislav Petrov averts a likely worldwide nuclear war by correctly identifying a report of an incoming nuclear missile as a computer error and not an American first strike.
Who were born on September 26, 1983?
- 1983Archimede Morleo, Italian footballer
- 1983D'Qwell Jackson, American football player
- 1983Ricardo Quaresma, Portuguese footballer
- 1983Samantha Hammel, American record producer and actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.