September 29: Day of the Week
September 29, 2021 was the 272nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 93 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ivy’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 29 Historical Event(s)
- 480 BCBattle of Salamis: The Greek fleet under Themistocles defeats the Persian fleet under Xerxes I.
- 1364Battle of Auray: English forces defeat the French in Brittany; end of the Breton War of Succession.
- 1717An earthquake strikes Antigua Guatemala, destroying much of the city’s architecture and making authorities consider moving the capital to a different city.
- 1829The Metropolitan Police of London, later also known as the Met, is founded.
- 1918World War I, Battle of St. Quentin Canal: The Hindenburg Line is broken by Allied forces. Bulgaria signs an armistice.
- 1932Chaco War: Last day of the Battle of Boquerón between Paraguay and Bolivia.
- 1975WGPR in Detroit, Michigan, becomes the world’s first black-owned-and-operated television station.
- 1990The YF-22, which would later become the F-22 Raptor, flies for the first time.
- 1991Military coup in Haiti (1991 Haitian coup d'état).
- 2008Following the bankruptcies of Lehman Brothers and Washington Mutual, The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls 777.68 points, the largest single-day point loss in its history.
Who were born on September 29?
- 1240Margaret of England, Queen consort of Scotland, (d. 1275)
- 1853Princess Thyra, daughter of Christian IX of Denmark (d. 1933)
- 1895Clarence Ashley, American clawhammer banjo player and singer (d. 1967)
- 1895J.B. Rhine, American parapsychologist (d. 1980)
- 1915Vincent DeDomenico, American entrepreneur (d. 2007)
- 1939Dan Crary, American bluegrass guitarist
- 1942Steve Tesich, Serbian screenwriter (d. 1996)
- 1968Samir Soni, Indian film actor
- 1980Dallas Green, Canadian musician (Alexisonfire, City and Colour)
- 1986Benoît Pouliot, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.