September 29: Day of the Week
September 29, 2019 was the 272nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 93 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Erica’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1789The United States Department of War first establishes a regular army with a strength of several hundred men.
- 1829The Metropolitan Police of London, later also known as the Met, is founded.
- 1850The Roman Catholic hierarchy is re-established in England and Wales by Pope Pius IX.
- 1864American Civil War: The Battle of Chaffin’s Farm is fought.
- 1907The cornerstone is laid at Washington National Cathedral in the U.S. capital.
- 1943World War II: U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Italian Marshal Pietro Badoglio sign an armistice aboard the Royal Navy battleship HMS Nelson off Malta.
- 1960Nikita Khrushchev, leader of Soviet Union, disrupts a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly with a number of angry outbursts.
- 1966The Chevrolet Camaro, originally named Panther, is introduced.
- 1982The 1982 Chicago Tylenol murders begin when the first of seven individuals dies in metropolitan Chicago.
- 2004The Burt Rutan Ansari X Prize entry SpaceShipOne performs a successful spaceflight, the first of two required to win the prize.
Who were born on September 29?
- 1908Eddie Tolan, American athlete (d. 1967)
- 1910Bill Boyd (musician), American Western style singer and guitarist (d. 1977)
- 1920Vaclav Neumann, Czech conductor, violinist and viola player (d. 1995)
- 1923Stan Berenstain, American children’s author (d. 2005)
- 1939Fikret Abdić, Bosnian politician and businessman
- 1947Martin Ferrero, American actor
- 1973Athanasios Michalopoulos, Greek volleyball player
- 1974Alexis Cruz, American actor
- 1977Wade Brookbank, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1979Artika Sari Devi, Indonesian beauty queen, Puteri Indonesia 2004
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.