September 29: Day of the Week
September 29, 2020 was the 273rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 93 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters GJFICBIBGUL? Check your answers here: Word scramble GJFICBIBGUL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 29 Historical Event(s)
- 1848Battle of Pákozd: stalemate between Hungarian and Croatian forces at Pákozd; the first battle of the Hungarian Revolution of 1848.
- 1850The Roman Catholic hierarchy is re-established in England and Wales by Pope Pius IX.
- 1885The first practical public electric tramway in the world is opened in Blackpool, England.
- 1962Alouette 1, the first Canadian satellite, is launched.
- 1963The second period of the Second Vatican Council opens.
- 1971Oman joins the Arab League.
- 1979Pope John Paul II becomes the first pope to set foot on Irish soil with his pastoral visit to the Republic of Ireland.
- 1990The YF-22, which would later become the F-22 Raptor, flies for the first time.
- 1995The United States Navy disbands Fighter Squadron 84 (VF-84), nicknamed the “Jolly Rogers”.
- 2001The Syracuse Herald-Journal, a U.S. newspaper dating back to 1839, ceases publication.
Who were born on September 29?
- 1511Miguel Servet aka Michael Servetus, Spanish humanist (d. 1553)
- 1691Richard Challoner, English Catholic prelate (d. 1781)
- 1810Elizabeth Gaskell, British novelist (d. 1865)
- 1863Hugo Haase, German politician and jurist (d. 1919)
- 1899László Bíró, Hungarian inventor of the modern ballpoint pen (d. 1985)
- 1939Rhodri Morgan, 2nd First Minister of Wales
- 1949George Dalaras, Greek singer
- 1952Takanosato Toshihide, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 59th Yokozuna
- 1956Sebastian Coe, British athlete
- 1968Luke Goss, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.