September 3: Day of the Week
September 3, 2021 is the 246th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 119 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QFPOUGVSIOC? Check your answers here: Words with these letters QFPOUGVSIOC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1855Indian Wars: in Nebraska, 700 soldiers under United States General William S. Harney avenge the Grattan Massacre by attacking a Sioux village and killing 100 men, women and children.
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate General Leonidas Polk invades neutral Kentucky, prompting the state legislature to ask for Union assistance.
- 1874The congress of the state of México elevates Naucalpan to the category of Villa, with the title of “Villa de Juárez”.
- 1941The Holocaust: Karl Fritzsch, deputy camp commandant of the Auschwitz concentration camp, experiments with the use of Zyklon B in the gassing of Soviet POWs.
- 1942World War II: In response to news of its coming liquidation, Dov Lopatyn leads an uprising in the Ghetto of Lakhva, in present-day Belarus.
- 1950“Nino” Farina becomes the first Formula One Drivers’ champion after winning the 1950 Italian Grand Prix.
- 1954The People’s Liberation Army begins shelling the Republic of China-controlled islands of Quemoy, starting the First Taiwan Strait Crisis.
- 1987In a coup d'état in Burundi, President Jean-Baptiste Bagaza is deposed by Major Pierre Buyoya.
- 1999An 87-automobile pile-up happens on Highway 401 freeway just East of Windsor, Ontario, Canada after an unusually thick fog from Lake St. Clair.
- 2004Beslan school hostage crisis – day 3: the Beslan hostage crisis ends with the deaths of over 300 people, more than half of which are children.
Who were born on September 3?
- 1841Tom Emmett, England cricketer (d. 1904)
- 1913Alan Ladd, American actor (d. 1964)
- 1923Mort Walker, American cartoonist (Beetle Bailey, Hi and Lois)
- 1940Pauline Collins, English actress
- 1947Eric Bell, Irish guitarist (Thin Lizzy)
- 1963Malcolm Gladwell, Canadian journalist and author
- 1970Gareth Southgate, English footballer
- 1977Nate Robertson, American baseball player
- 1980Daniel Ruben Bilos, Argentinian footballer
- 1987James Neal, Canadian ice hockey player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.