September 3: Day of the Week
September 3, 2020 is the 247th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 119 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tyrone’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1650Third English Civil War: in the Battle of Dunbar, English Parliamentarian forces led by Oliver Cromwell defeat an army loyal to King Charles II of England and led by David Leslie, Lord Newark.
- 1666The Royal Exchange burns down in the Great Fire of London
- 1783American Revolutionary War: the war ends with the signing of the Treaty of Paris by the United States and the Kingdom of Great Britain.
- 1802William Wordsworth composes the sonnet Composed upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: the Siege of Metz begins, resulting in a decisive Prussian victory on October 23.
- 1875The first official game of Polo is played in Argentina after being introduced by British Ranchers.
- 1914William, Prince of Albania leaves the country after just six months due to opposition to his rule.
- 1935Sir Malcolm Campbell reaches a speed of 304.331 miles per hour on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, becoming the first person to drive an automobile over 300 mph
- 1943World War II: The Allied invasion of Italy begins.
- 1945Three-day celebration was held in China, following the Victory over Japan Day on September 2.
Who were born on September 3?
- 1926Irene Papas, Greek actress
- 1931Dick Motta, American basketball coach
- 1938Ryōji Noyori, Japanese chemist, Nobel laureate
- 1941Sergei Dovlatov, Russian writer (d. 1990)
- 1948Don Brewer, drummer and singer with Grand Funk Railroad
- 1948Levy Mwanawasa, President of Zambia (d. 2008)
- 1951Denys Hobson, South African cricketer
- 1969Noah Baumbach, American film director
- 1979Tomo Miličević, Bosnian-born American guitarist (30 Seconds to Mars)
- 1983Valdas Vasylius, Lithuanian basketball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.