September 3: Day of the Week
September 3, 2020 is the 247th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 119 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lorraine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1189Richard I of England (a.k.a. Richard “the Lionheart”) is crowned at Westminster.
- 1798The week long battle of St. George’s Caye begins between Spain and Britain off the coast of Belize.
- 1802William Wordsworth composes the sonnet Composed upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802.
- 1914William, Prince of Albania leaves the country after just six months due to opposition to his rule.
- 1933Yevgeniy Abalakov is the first man to reach the highest point in the Soviet Union, Communism Peak (now called Ismoil Somoni Peak and situated in Tajikistan) (7495 m).
- 1935Sir Malcolm Campbell reaches a speed of 304.331 miles per hour on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, becoming the first person to drive an automobile over 300 mph
- 1944Holocaust: diarist Anne Frank and her family are placed on the last transport train from Westerbork to Auschwitz, arriving three days later.
- 1945Three-day celebration was held in China, following the Victory over Japan Day on September 2.
- 1976Viking program: The American Viking 2 spacecraft lands at Utopia Planitia on Mars.
- 1987In a coup d'état in Burundi, President Jean-Baptiste Bagaza is deposed by Major Pierre Buyoya.
Who were born on September 3?
- 1841Tom Emmett, England cricketer (d. 1904)
- 1921Marguerite Higgins, American reporter and war correspondent, Pulitzer Prize winner (d. 1966)
- 1923Mort Walker, American cartoonist (Beetle Bailey, Hi and Lois)
- 1938Caryl Churchill, English playwright
- 1964Junaid Jamshed, Pakistani singer
- 1964Spike Feresten, American television writer
- 1969John Fugelsang, American actor
- 1980Daniel Ruben Bilos, Argentinian footballer
- 1983Marcus McCauley, American football player
- 1987Chris Fountain, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.