September 3: Day of the Week
September 3, 2019 is the 246th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 119 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 3 Historical Event(s)
- 36 BCIn the Battle of Naulochus, Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa, admiral of Octavian, defeats Sextus Pompeius, son of Pompey, thus ending Pompeian resistance to the Second Triumvirate.
- 590Consecration of Pope Gregory I (Gregory the Great).
- 1189Richard I of England (a.k.a. Richard “the Lionheart”) is crowned at Westminster.
- 1260The Mamluks defeat the Mongols at the Battle of Ain Jalut in Palestine, marking their first decisive defeat and the point of maximum expansion of the Mongol Empire.
- 1658Richard Cromwell becomes Lord Protector of England
- 1666The Royal Exchange burns down in the Great Fire of London
- 1777American Revolutionary War: during the Battle of Cooch’s Bridge, the Flag of the United States is flown in battle for the first time.
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate General Leonidas Polk invades neutral Kentucky, prompting the state legislature to ask for Union assistance.
- 1914William, Prince of Albania leaves the country after just six months due to opposition to his rule.
- 1925USS Shenandoah (ZR-1), the United States’ first American-built rigid airship, was destroyed in a squall line over Noble County, Ohio. Fourteen of her 42-man crew perished, including her commander, Zachary Lansdowne.
Who were born on September 3?
- 1900Percy Chapman, England cricketer (d. 1961)
- 1900Urho Kekkonen, Finnish politician (d. 1986)
- 1910Maurice Papon, French Nazi collaborator (d. 2007)
- 1949Patriarch Peter VII of Alexandria, Cypriot-born 129th Pope and Patriarch of Alexandria and All Africa (d. 2004)
- 1964Holt McCallany, American actor
- 1969Marianna Komlos, Canadian bodybuilder, fitness model, professional wrestler and valet (d. 2004)
- 1975Cristobal Huet, French ice hockey player
- 1977Olof Mellberg, Swedish footballer
- 1978Nick Wechsler, American actor
- 1983Augusto Farfus, Brazilian racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.