September 3: Day of the Week
September 3, 2019 was the 246th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 119 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bernice’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 3 Historical Event(s)
- 590Consecration of Pope Gregory I (Gregory the Great).
- 1260The Mamluks defeat the Mongols at the Battle of Ain Jalut in Palestine, marking their first decisive defeat and the point of maximum expansion of the Mongol Empire.
- 1650Third English Civil War: in the Battle of Dunbar, English Parliamentarian forces led by Oliver Cromwell defeat an army loyal to King Charles II of England and led by David Leslie, Lord Newark.
- 1666The Royal Exchange burns down in the Great Fire of London
- 1803English scientist John Dalton begins using symbols to represent the atoms of different elements.
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate General Leonidas Polk invades neutral Kentucky, prompting the state legislature to ask for Union assistance.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War: the Siege of Metz begins, resulting in a decisive Prussian victory on October 23.
- 1933Yevgeniy Abalakov is the first man to reach the highest point in the Soviet Union, Communism Peak (now called Ismoil Somoni Peak and situated in Tajikistan) (7495 m).
- 1939World War II: France, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia declare war on Germany after the invasion of Poland, forming the Allies.
- 1976Viking program: The American Viking 2 spacecraft lands at Utopia Planitia on Mars.
Who were born on September 3?
- 1882Johnny Douglas, England cricketer and boxer (d. 1930)
- 1911Bernard Mammes, American cyclist (d. 2000)
- 1928Gaston Thorn, Luxembourg politician, 8th Prime Minister of Luxembourg and 7th President of the European Commission (d. 2007)
- 1935Helmut Clasen, Canadian offroad racer
- 1945George Biondo, bass guitarist and songwriter (Steppenwolf)
- 1964Junaid Jamshed, Pakistani singer
- 1971Chabeli Iglesias, Spanish journalist
- 1973Norihiko Hibino, Japanese composer
- 1975Cristobal Huet, French ice hockey player
- 1980Daniel Ruben Bilos, Argentinian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.