September 3: Day of the Week
September 3, 2019 is the 246th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 119 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 3 Historical Event(s)
- 863Major Byzantine victory at the Battle of Lalakaon against an Arab raid.
- 1666The Royal Exchange burns down in the Great Fire of London
- 1861American Civil War: Confederate General Leonidas Polk invades neutral Kentucky, prompting the state legislature to ask for Union assistance.
- 1914William, Prince of Albania leaves the country after just six months due to opposition to his rule.
- 1941The Holocaust: Karl Fritzsch, deputy camp commandant of the Auschwitz concentration camp, experiments with the use of Zyklon B in the gassing of Soviet POWs.
- 1943World War II: The Allied invasion of Italy begins.
- 1944Holocaust: diarist Anne Frank and her family are placed on the last transport train from Westerbork to Auschwitz, arriving three days later.
- 1945Three-day celebration was held in China, following the Victory over Japan Day on September 2.
- 1954The German U-Boat U-505 begins its move from a specially constructed dock to its final site at Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry.
- 1954The People’s Liberation Army begins shelling the Republic of China-controlled islands of Quemoy, starting the First Taiwan Strait Crisis.
Who were born on September 3?
- 1781Eugène de Beauharnais, French nobleman, son of Joséphine de Beauharnais and adoptive son of Napoleon Bonaparte (d. 1824)
- 1899Frank Macfarlane Burnet, Australian biologist, Nobel laureate (d. 1985)
- 1913Alan Ladd, American actor (d. 1964)
- 1930Cherry Wilder, New Zealand science fiction and fantasy writer (d. 2002)
- 1965Charlie Sheen, American actor
- 1973Norihiko Hibino, Japanese composer
- 1976Vivek Oberoi, Indian actor
- 1981Fearne Cotton, British television presenter
- 1982Andrew McMahon, American singer and songwriter
- 1983Marcus McCauley, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.