September 3: Day of the Week
September 3, 2019 is the 246th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 119 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mardi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 3 Historical Event(s)
- 1651Third English Civil War: Battle of Worcester – Charles II of England is defeated in the last main battle of the war.
- 1838Future abolitionist Frederick Douglass escapes from slavery.
- 1875The first official game of Polo is played in Argentina after being introduced by British Ranchers.
- 1914William, Prince of Albania leaves the country after just six months due to opposition to his rule.
- 1950“Nino” Farina becomes the first Formula One Drivers’ champion after winning the 1950 Italian Grand Prix.
- 1954The German U-Boat U-505 begins its move from a specially constructed dock to its final site at Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry.
- 1954The People’s Liberation Army begins shelling the Republic of China-controlled islands of Quemoy, starting the First Taiwan Strait Crisis.
- 1971Qatar becomes an independent state
- 1976Viking program: The American Viking 2 spacecraft lands at Utopia Planitia on Mars.
- 1987In a coup d'état in Burundi, President Jean-Baptiste Bagaza is deposed by Major Pierre Buyoya.
Who were born on September 3?
- 1781Eugène de Beauharnais, French nobleman, son of Joséphine de Beauharnais and adoptive son of Napoleon Bonaparte (d. 1824)
- 1897Sally Benson, American writer (d. 1972)
- 1900Maurice Dobb, British economist (d. 1976)
- 1918Helen Wagner, American actress (d. 2010)
- 1940Pauline Collins, English actress
- 1953Jean-Pierre Jeunet, French film director
- 1976Jevon Kearse, American football player
- 1977Olof Mellberg, Swedish footballer
- 1984Garrett Hedlund, American actor
- 1993Rina Koike, Japanese junior idol
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.