September 30: Day of the Week
September 30, 2019 is the 273rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 92 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1813Battle of Bárbula: Simón Bolívar defeats Santiago Bobadilla.
- 1931Start of “Die Voortrekkers” youth movement for Afrikaners in Bloemfontein, South Africa.
- 1941World War II: Holocaust in Kiev, Ukraine: German Einsatzgruppe C complete Babi Yar massacre.
- 1962Mexican-American labor leader César Chávez founds the National Farm Workers Association, which later becomes United Farm Workers.
- 1967BBC Light Programme, Third Programme and Home Service are replaced with BBC Radio 2, 3 and 4 Respectively, BBC Radio 1 is also launched with Tony Blackburn presenting the first show.
- 1972Roberto Clemente records the 3,000th and final hit of his career.
- 1979The Hong Kong MTR commences service with the opening of its Modified Initial System (aka. Kwun Tong Line).
- 1986Mordechai Vanunu, who revealed details of Israel’s covert nuclear program to British media, is kidnapped in Rome, Italy by the Israeli Mossad.
- 1994Aldwych tube station (originally Strand Station) of the London Underground closes after eighty-eight years of service.
- 1999Japan’s second worst nuclear accident at a uranium reprocessing facility in Tōkai-mura, northeast of Tokyo.
Who were born on September 30?
- 1918Lewis Nixon, American WWII veteran (d. 1995)
- 1935Johnny Mathis, American singer
- 1945Bob Lassiter, American radio personality
- 1946Paul Sheahan, Australian test cricketer
- 1955Andy Bechtolsheim, co-founder of Sun Microsystems
- 1960Julia Adamson, composer/musician
- 1969Mark Smith, English body builder
- 1972John Campbell, American musician (Lamb of God)
- 1982Teal Redmann, American actress
- 1986Cristián Zapata, Colombian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.