September 30: Day of the Week
September 30, 2019 is the 273rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 92 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1791The National Constituent Assembly in Paris is dissolved; Parisians hail Maximilien Robespierre and Jérôme Pétion as “incorruptible patriots”.
- 1860Britain’s first tram service begins in Birkenhead, Merseyside.
- 1906The Real Academia Galega, Galician language’s biggest linguistic authority, starts working in Havana.
- 1949The Berlin Airlift ends.
- 1955Film star James Dean dies in a road accident aged 24.
- 1962Mexican-American labor leader César Chávez founds the National Farm Workers Association, which later becomes United Farm Workers.
- 1967BBC Light Programme, Third Programme and Home Service are replaced with BBC Radio 2, 3 and 4 Respectively, BBC Radio 1 is also launched with Tony Blackburn presenting the first show.
- 1977Because of US budget cuts and dwindling power reserves, the Apollo program’s ALSEP experiment packages left on the Moon are shut down.
- 1993An earthquake hits India’s Latur and Osmanabad district of Marathwada (Aurangabad division) in Maharashtra state leaving tens of thousands of people dead and many more homeless.
- 2004The first images of a live giant squid in its natural habitat are taken 600 miles south of Tokyo.
Who were born on September 30?
- 1550Michael Maestlin, German mathematician (d. 1631)
- 1631William Stoughton, American jurist (d. 1701)
- 1897Gaspar Cassadó, Spanish cellist and composer (d. 1966)
- 1924Nikos Rizos, Greek actor (d. 1999)
- 1946Jochen Mass, German race car driver
- 1947Rula Lenska, English actress
- 1951John Lloyd British comedy writer and televison producer
- 1952Jack Wild, British actor (d. 2006)
- 1962Marley Marl, American rapper and record producer
- 1982Kieran Culkin, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.