September 30: Day of the Week
September 30, 2020 is the 274th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 92 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alma’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1791The National Constituent Assembly in Paris is dissolved; Parisians hail Maximilien Robespierre and Jérôme Pétion as “incorruptible patriots”.
- 1882Thomas Edison’s first commercial hydroelectric power plant (later known as Appleton Edison Light Company) begins operation on the Fox River in Appleton, Wisconsin, United States.
- 1947The Islamic Republic of Pakistan and Yemen join the United Nations.
- 1947The World Series, featuring the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers, is televised for the first time.
- 1965The Lockheed L-100, the civilian version of the C-130 Hercules, is introduced.
- 1967BBC Light Programme, Third Programme and Home Service are replaced with BBC Radio 2, 3 and 4 Respectively, BBC Radio 1 is also launched with Tony Blackburn presenting the first show.
- 1968The Boeing 747 is rolled out and shown to the public for the first time at the Boeing Everett Factory.
- 1975The Hughes (later McDonnell-Douglas, now Boeing) AH-64 Apache makes its first flight.
- 1994Ongar railway station, the furthest London Underground from Central London, closes.
- 2004The AIM-54 Phoenix, the primary missile for the F-14 Tomcat, is retired from service. Almost two years later, the Tomcat is retired.
Who were born on September 30?
- 1935Z. Z. Hill, American blues singer (d. 1984)
- 1943Ian Ogilvy, British Actor
- 1943Marilyn McCoo, American singer (The 5th Dimension)
- 1974Jeremy Giambi, American baseball player
- 1978Róbinson Zapata, Colombian footballer
- 1980Martina Hingis, Swiss tennis player
- 1982Lacey Chabert, American actress
- 1982Ola Jordan, Professional dancer
- 1982Yan Stastny, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Adam Cooney, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.