September 30: Day of the Week
September 30, 2019 was the 273rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 92 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Raul’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1895Madagascar becomes a French protectorate.
- 1903The new Gresham’s School is officially opened by Field Marshal Sir Evelyn Wood.
- 1941World War II: Holocaust in Kiev, Ukraine: German Einsatzgruppe C complete Babi Yar massacre.
- 1947The World Series, featuring the New York Yankees and the Brooklyn Dodgers, is televised for the first time.
- 1949The Berlin Airlift ends.
- 1954The U.S. Navy submarine USS Nautilus is commissioned as the world’s first nuclear reactor powered vessel.
- 1962James Meredith enters the University of Mississippi, defying segregation.
- 1979The Hong Kong MTR commences service with the opening of its Modified Initial System (aka. Kwun Tong Line).
- 1994Aldwych tube station (originally Strand Station) of the London Underground closes after eighty-eight years of service.
- 2004The first images of a live giant squid in its natural habitat are taken 600 miles south of Tokyo.
Who were born on September 30?
- 1882Hans Geiger, German physicist (d. 1945)
- 1922Alan Stretton, Australian general
- 1924Nikos Rizos, Greek actor (d. 1999)
- 1933Ben Cooper, American actor
- 1946Jochen Mass, German race car driver
- 1947Marc Bolan, English musician (T. Rex) (d. 1977)
- 1952John Lombardo, musician, founding member of 10,000 Maniacs
- 1955Andy Bechtolsheim, co-founder of Sun Microsystems
- 1975Carlos Guillén, Venezuelan baseball player
- 1979Cameron Bruce, Australian rules footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.