September 30: Day of the Week
September 30, 2021 is the 273rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 92 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EUNUDGU? Check your answers here: Unscramble words EUNUDGU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1860Britain’s first tram service begins in Birkenhead, Merseyside.
- 1907McKinley National Memorial, final resting place of assassinated U.S. President William McKinley and his family, dedicated in Canton, Ohio.
- 1938At 2:00 am, Britain, France, Germany and Italy sign the Munich Agreement, allowing Germany to occupy the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia.
- 1938The League of Nations unanimously outlaws “intentional bombings of civilian populations”.
- 1949The Berlin Airlift ends.
- 1962James Meredith enters the University of Mississippi, defying segregation.
- 1965The Lockheed L-100, the civilian version of the C-130 Hercules, is introduced.
- 1968The Boeing 747 is rolled out and shown to the public for the first time at the Boeing Everett Factory.
- 1972Roberto Clemente records the 3,000th and final hit of his career.
- 2009The 2009 Sumatra earthquakes occur, killing over 1,115 people.
Who were born on September 30?
- 1631William Stoughton, American jurist (d. 1701)
- 1861William Wrigley, Jr., American industrialist (d. 1932)
- 1893Lansdale Sasscer, American politician (d. 1964)
- 1908David Oistrakh, Ukrainian violinist (d. 1974)
- 1917Park Chung-hee, President of South Korea (d. 1979)
- 1918Lewis Nixon, American WWII veteran (d. 1995)
- 1924Nikos Rizos, Greek actor (d. 1999)
- 1952John Lombardo, musician, founding member of 10,000 Maniacs
- 1953Deborah Allen, American singer
- 1982Teal Redmann, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.