September 4: Day of the Week
September 4, 2019 is the 247th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 118 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1781Los Angeles, California, is founded as El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula (The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of Porziuncola) by 44 Spanish settlers.
- 1862Civil War Maryland Campaign: General Robert E. Lee takes the Army of Northern Virginia, and the war, into the North.
- 1912Albanian rebels succeed in their revolt when the Ottoman Empire agrees to fulfill their demands
- 1919Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who founded the Republic of Turkey, gathers a congress in Sivas to make decisions as to the future of Anatolia and Thrace.
- 1939World War II: a Bristol Blenheim is the first British aircraft to cross the German coast following the declaration of war and German ships are bombed.
- 1941World War II: a German submarine makes the first attack against a United States ship, the USS Greer.
- 1950Darlington Raceway is the site of the inaugural Southern 500, the first 500-mile NASCAR race.
- 1972Mark Spitz becomes the first competitor to win seven medals at a single Olympic Games.
- 1977The Golden Dragon Massacre took place in San Francisco, California.
- 2010Canterbury earthquake: a 7.1 magnitude earthquake which struck the South Island of New Zealand at 4:35 am causing widespread damage and several power outages.
Who were born on September 4?
- 1887Roy William Neill, Irish director (d. 1946)
- 1896Antonin Artaud, French playwright (d. 1948)
- 1926Bert Olmstead, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1930Don Ackerman, American basketball player (d. 2011)
- 1944Jennifer Salt, American actress
- 1955Garth Le Roux, former South African cricketer
- 1958David Drew Pinsky (Dr. Drew), American radio show host
- 1961Kevin Kennedy, English actor
- 1969Alexander Coe, Welsh DJ and record producer
- 1979Kristina Krepela, Croatian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.