September 4: Day of the Week
September 4, 2019 is the 247th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 118 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 4 Historical Event(s)
- 626Li Shimin, posthumously known as Emperor Taizong of Tang, assumes the throne over the Tang Dynasty of China.
- 1774New Caledonia is first sighted by Europeans, during the second voyage of Captain James Cook.
- 1781Los Angeles, California, is founded as El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula (The Village of Our Lady, the Queen of the Angels of Porziuncola) by 44 Spanish settlers.
- 1886Indian Wars: after almost 30 years of fighting, Apache leader Geronimo, with his remaining warriors, surrenders to General Nelson Miles in Arizona.
- 1912Albanian rebels succeed in their revolt when the Ottoman Empire agrees to fulfill their demands
- 1919Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, who founded the Republic of Turkey, gathers a congress in Sivas to make decisions as to the future of Anatolia and Thrace.
- 1923Maiden flight of the first U.S. airship, the USS Shenandoah.
- 1956The IBM RAMAC 305 is introduced, the first commercial computer to use magnetic disk storage.
- 1972Mark Spitz becomes the first competitor to win seven medals at a single Olympic Games.
- 1989In Leipzig, East Germany, the first of weekly demonstration for the legalisation of opposition groups and democratic reforms takes place.
Who were born on September 4?
- 1563Wanli, Emperor of China (d. 1620)
- 1913Victor Kiernan, British historian (d. 2009)
- 1937Gene Ludwig, American jazz organist (d. 2010)
- 1941Sushilkumar Shinde, Indian politician
- 1958George Hurley, American drummer (Minutemen)
- 1966Jeff Tremaine, American director and producer
- 1970Igor Cavalera, Brazilian drummer (Sepultura)
- 1984Demetris Nichols, American basketball player
- 1986James Younghusband, Philippine footballer
- 1999Kali Majors, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.