September 4: Day of the Week
September 4, 2020 is the 248th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 118 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gerardo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 4 Historical Event(s)
- 476Romulus Augustulus, last emperor of the Western Roman Empire, is deposed when Odoacer proclaims himself King of Italy, thus ending the Western Roman Empire.
- 1666In London, England, the most destructive damage from the Great Fire occurs.
- 1812War of 1812: The Siege of Fort Harrison begins when the fort is set on fire.
- 1862Civil War Maryland Campaign: General Robert E. Lee takes the Army of Northern Virginia, and the war, into the North.
- 1939World War II: a Bristol Blenheim is the first British aircraft to cross the German coast following the declaration of war and German ships are bombed.
- 1944World War II: the British 11th Armoured Division liberates the Belgian city of Antwerp.
- 1950Darlington Raceway is the site of the inaugural Southern 500, the first 500-mile NASCAR race.
- 1951The first live transcontinental television broadcast takes place in San Francisco, California, from the Japanese Peace Treaty Conference.
- 1963Swissair Flight 306 crashes near Dürrenäsch, Switzerland, killing all 80 people on board.
- 1975The Sinai Interim Agreement relating to the Arab-Israeli conflict is signed.
Who were born on September 4?
- 1887Roy William Neill, Irish director (d. 1946)
- 1901William Lyons, British industrialist (Jaguar cars) (d. 1985)
- 1931Antonios Trakatellis, Greek politician
- 1941Joanna Van Gyseghem, English actress
- 1941Marilena Chaui, Brazilian philosopher
- 1958George Hurley, American drummer (Minutemen)
- 1962Ulla Tørnæs, Danish politician
- 1970Daisy Dee, West Indian-born singer
- 1972Françoise Yip, Canadian actress
- 1999Kali Majors, American actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.