September 4: Day of the Week
September 4, 2019 is the 247th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 118 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 4 Historical Event(s)
- 626Li Shimin, posthumously known as Emperor Taizong of Tang, assumes the throne over the Tang Dynasty of China.
- 1886Indian Wars: after almost 30 years of fighting, Apache leader Geronimo, with his remaining warriors, surrenders to General Nelson Miles in Arizona.
- 1923Maiden flight of the first U.S. airship, the USS Shenandoah.
- 1944World War II: Finland exits from the war with Soviet Union.
- 1957American Civil Rights Movement: Little Rock Crisis – Orval Faubus, governor of Arkansas, calls out the National Guard to prevent African American students from enrolling in Central High School.
- 1963Swissair Flight 306 crashes near Dürrenäsch, Switzerland, killing all 80 people on board.
- 1972Mark Spitz becomes the first competitor to win seven medals at a single Olympic Games.
- 1975The Sinai Interim Agreement relating to the Arab-Israeli conflict is signed.
- 1989In Leipzig, East Germany, the first of weekly demonstration for the legalisation of opposition groups and democratic reforms takes place.
- 2010Canterbury earthquake: a 7.1 magnitude earthquake which struck the South Island of New Zealand at 4:35 am causing widespread damage and several power outages.
Who were born on September 4?
- 1454Henry Stafford, 2nd Duke of Buckingham, English politician (d. 1483)
- 1809Juliusz Słowacki, Polish Romantic poet (d. 1849)
- 1824Anton Bruckner, Austrian composer (d. 1896)
- 1934Sir Clive Granger, Welsh-born economist, Nobel laureate
- 1944Ron Ward, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1951Judith Ivey, American actress
- 1955Brian Schweitzer, American politician, 23rd governor of Montana
- 1969Alexander Coe, Welsh DJ and record producer
- 1971Maik Taylor, Northern Irish footballer
- 1990Jonny Lomax, English Rugby League player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.