September 4: Day of the Week
September 4, 2019 is the 247th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 118 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 4 Historical Event(s)
- 1888George Eastman registers the trademark Kodak and receives a patent for his camera that uses roll film.
- 1912Albanian rebels succeed in their revolt when the Ottoman Empire agrees to fulfill their demands
- 1939World War II: a Bristol Blenheim is the first British aircraft to cross the German coast following the declaration of war and German ships are bombed.
- 1944World War II: the British 11th Armoured Division liberates the Belgian city of Antwerp.
- 1949The Peekskill Riots erupt after a Paul Robeson concert in Peekskill, New York.
- 1957American Civil Rights Movement: Little Rock Crisis – Orval Faubus, governor of Arkansas, calls out the National Guard to prevent African American students from enrolling in Central High School.
- 1996War on Drugs: Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) attack a military base in Guaviare, starting three weeks of guerrilla warfare in which at least 130 Colombians are killed.
- 1998Google is founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, two students at Stanford University.
- 2001Tokyo DisneySea opens to the public as part of the Tokyo Disney Resort in Urayasu, Chiba, Japan.
- 2007Three terrorists suspected to be a part of Al-Qaeda are arrested in Germany after allegedly planning attacks on both the Frankfurt International airport and US military installations.
Who were born on September 4?
- 1927John McCarthy, American computer scientist (d. 2011)
- 1928Dick York, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1932Dinsdale Landen, English actor (d. 2003)
- 1937Dawn Fraser, Australian swimmer
- 1951Judith Ivey, American actress
- 1955David Broza, a multi-platinum Israeli singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- 1976Clinton R. Nixon, American game designer
- 1981Richard Garcia, Australian footballer
- 1983Margit Rüütel, Estonian tennis player
- 1986James Younghusband, Philippine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.