September 6: Day of the Week
September 6, 2021 was the 249th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 116 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FQIIOAWQ? Check your answers here: Word finder FQIIOAWQ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 6 Historical Event(s)
- 394Battle of the Frigidus: The Christian Roman Emperor Theodosius I defeats and kills the pagan usurper Eugenius and his Frankish magister militum Arbogast.
- 1634Thirty Years’ War: In the Battle of Nördlingen the Catholic Imperial army defeats Protestant armies of Sweden and Germany.
- 1888Charles Turner becomes the first bowler to take 250 wickets in an English season – a feat since accomplished only by Tom Richardson (twice), J.T. Hearne, Wilfred Rhodes (twice) and Tich Freeman (six times).
- 1930Democratically elected Argentine president Hipólito Yrigoyen is deposed in a military coup.
- 1939World War II: South Africa declares war on Germany.
- 1944World War II: The city of Ypres, Belgium is liberated by allied forces.
- 1963The Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) is founded.
- 1972Munich Massacre: 9 Israel athletes taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games by the Palestinian “Black September” terrorist group died (as did a German policeman) at the hands of the kidnappers during a failed rescue attempt. 2 other Israeli athletes are slain in the initial attack the previous day.
- 1986In Istanbul, two terrorists from Abu Nidal’s organization kill 22 and wound six inside the Neve Shalom synagogue during Shabbat services.
- 1992Hunters discover the emaciated body of Christopher Johnson McCandless at his camp 20 mi west of the town of Healy, Alaska.
Who were born on September 6?
- 1869Walford Davies, English composer, Master of the King’s Music (d. 1941)
- 1892Sir Edward Victor Appleton, English physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1965)
- 1899Billy Rose, American composer (d. 1966)
- 1908Anthony Wagner, British heraldist, Garter Principal King of Arms (d. 1995)
- 1940Jackie Trent, English singer, songwriter, and actress
- 1944Swoosie Kurtz, American actress
- 1953Anne Lockhart, American actress
- 1954Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett-Packard
- 1968Saeed Anwar, Pakistani cricketer
- 1978Mathew Horne, English actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.