September 6: Day of the Week
September 6, 2019 is the 249th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 116 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1522The Victoria, the only surviving ship of Ferdinand Magellan’s expedition, returns to Sanlúcar de Barrameda in Spain, becoming the first ship to circumnavigate the world.
- 1861American Civil War: Forces under Union General Ulysses S. Grant bloodlessly capture Paducah, Kentucky, which gives the Union control of the mouth of the Tennessee River.
- 1863American Civil War: Confederates evacuate Battery Wagner and Morris Island in South Carolina.
- 1939World War II: South Africa declares war on Germany.
- 1943The Monterrey Institute of Technology, one of the largest and most influential private universities in Latin America, is founded in Monterrey, Mexico.
- 1963The Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) is founded.
- 1970Two passenger jets bound from Europe to New York are simultaneously hijacked by Palestinian terrorist members of PFLP and taken to Dawson’s Field in Jordan.
- 1976Cold War: Soviet air force pilot Lt. Viktor Belenko lands a MiG-25 jet fighter at Hakodate on the island of Hokkaidō in Japan and requests political asylum in the United States.
- 1991The name Saint Petersburg is restored to Russia’s second largest city, which had been renamed Leningrad in 1924.
- 2009The ro-ro ferry SuperFerry 9 sinks off the Zamboanga Peninsula in the Philippines with 971 persons aboard; all but ten are rescued.
Who were born on September 6?
- 1900Julien Green, French-born American novelist (d. 1998)
- 1925Jimmy Reed, American blues singer (d. 1976)
- 1926Claus van Amsberg, German born Prince Consort of the Netherlands (d. 2002)
- 1937Brigid Berlin, American actor
- 1954Demetris Kizas, Greek-Cypriot footballer
- 1957José Sócrates, Prime Minister of Portugal
- 1972Dylan Bruno, American actor (Numb3rs)
- 1978Marlen Angelidou, Greek singer
- 1979Carlos Adrián Morales, Mexican footballer
- 1987Ramiele Malubay, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.