September 6: Day of the Week
September 6, 2021 is the 249th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 116 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters POXXYOUOZX? Check your answers here: Words with these letters POXXYOUOZX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 6 Historical Event(s)
- 3114 BCAccording to the proleptic Julian calendar the current era in the Maya Long Count Calendar started. (Non-standard interpretation)
- 394Battle of the Frigidus: The Christian Roman Emperor Theodosius I defeats and kills the pagan usurper Eugenius and his Frankish magister militum Arbogast.
- 1492Christopher Columbus sails from La Gomera in the Canary Islands, his final port of call before crossing the Atlantic for the first time.
- 1861American Civil War: Forces under Union General Ulysses S. Grant bloodlessly capture Paducah, Kentucky, which gives the Union control of the mouth of the Tennessee River.
- 1939World War II: The Battle of Barking Creek.
- 1948Juliana becomes Queen of the Netherlands.
- 1949A former sharpshooter in World War II, Howard Unruh kills 13 neighbors in Camden, New Jersey, with a souvenir Luger to become the first U.S. single-episode mass murderer.
- 1972Munich Massacre: 9 Israel athletes taken hostage at the Munich Olympic Games by the Palestinian “Black September” terrorist group died (as did a German policeman) at the hands of the kidnappers during a failed rescue attempt. 2 other Israeli athletes are slain in the initial attack the previous day.
- 1992Hunters discover the emaciated body of Christopher Johnson McCandless at his camp 20 mi west of the town of Healy, Alaska.
- 1995Cal Ripken Jr of the Baltimore Orioles plays in his 2,131st consecutive game, breaking a record that stood for 56 years.
Who were born on September 6?
- 1656Guillaume Dubois, French cardinal and statesman (d. 1723)
- 1925Jimmy Reed, American blues singer (d. 1976)
- 1926Claus van Amsberg, German born Prince Consort of the Netherlands (d. 2002)
- 1932Gilles Tremblay, Canadian composer
- 1937Jo Anne Worley, American actress
- 1954Patrick O'Hearn, American musician, composer and recording artist
- 1957José Sócrates, Prime Minister of Portugal
- 1972Idris Elba, English/American actor
- 1979Massimo Maccarone, Italian footballer
- 1983Pippa Middleton, Sister of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.