September 6: Day of the Week
September 6, 2020 is the 250th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 116 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Destiny’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 6 Historical Event(s)
- 1861American Civil War: Forces under Union General Ulysses S. Grant bloodlessly capture Paducah, Kentucky, which gives the Union control of the mouth of the Tennessee River.
- 1930Democratically elected Argentine president Hipólito Yrigoyen is deposed in a military coup.
- 1940King Carol II of Romania abdicates and is succeeded by his son Michael.
- 1949A former sharpshooter in World War II, Howard Unruh kills 13 neighbors in Camden, New Jersey, with a souvenir Luger to become the first U.S. single-episode mass murderer.
- 1949Allied military authorities relinquish control of former Nazi Germany assets back to German control.
- 1976Cold War: Soviet air force pilot Lt. Viktor Belenko lands a MiG-25 jet fighter at Hakodate on the island of Hokkaidō in Japan and requests political asylum in the United States.
- 1986In Istanbul, two terrorists from Abu Nidal’s organization kill 22 and wound six inside the Neve Shalom synagogue during Shabbat services.
- 1997Funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales takes place in London. Over a million people lined the streets and 2.5 billion watched around the world on television.
- 2008Turkish President Abdullah Gül attends an association football match in Armenia after an invitation by Armenian President Serzh Sarkisyan; he is the first Turkish head of state to visit the country.
- 2009The ro-ro ferry SuperFerry 9 sinks off the Zamboanga Peninsula in the Philippines with 971 persons aboard; all but ten are rescued.
Who were born on September 6?
- 1535Emanuel van Meteren, Flemish historian (d. 1612)
- 1917Philipp Freiherr von Boeselager, German Wehrmacht officer, failed assassin of Adolf Hitler (d. 2008)
- 1937Jo Anne Worley, American actress
- 1939Susumu Tonegawa, Japanese molecular biologist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- 1945Larry Lucchino, American baseball executive
- 1965Christopher Nolan, Irish writer (d. 2009)
- 1967Macy Gray, American singer-songwriter
- 1978Mathew Horne, English actor
- 1979Mike Arnaoutis, Greek boxer
- 1980Kerry Katona, British singer and media personality
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.