September 8: Day of the Week
September 8, 2023 is the 251st day of the year 2023 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 114 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Leo’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1449Battle of Tumu Fortress – Mongolians capture the Chinese emperor.
- 1565The Knights of Malta lift the Turkish siege of Malta that began on May 18.
- 1755French and Indian War: Battle of Lake George.
- 1756French and Indian War: Kittanning Expedition.
- 1793French Revolutionary Wars: Battle of Hondschoote.
- 1796French Revolutionary Wars: Battle of Bassano – French forces defeat Austrian troops at Bassano del Grappa.
- 1892The Pledge of Allegiance is first recited.
- 1926Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- 1971In Washington, D.C., the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is inaugurated, with the opening feature being the premiere of Leonard Bernstein’s Mass.
- 2005Two EMERCOM Il-76 aircraft land at a disaster aid staging area at Little Rock Air Force Base; the first time Russia has flown such a mission to North America.
Who were born on September 8?
- 1749Gabrielle de Polastron, duchesse de Polignac, French aristocrat (d. 1793)
- 1828Clarence Cook, American writer and art critic (d. 1900)
- 1905Henry Wilcoxon, British film actor (d. 1984)
- 1914Sir Denys Lasdun, English architect (d. 2001)
- 1915Frank Pullen, English businessman and racehorse owner (d. 1992)
- 1930Robert W. Firestone, American clinical psychologist, author and visual artist.
- 1958Michael Lardie, American musician
- 1960Aguri Suzuki, Japanese racing driver
- 1983Lewis Roberts-Thompson, Australian rules footballer
- 1990Matt Barkley, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.