September 8: Day of the Week
September 8, 2021 is the 251st day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 114 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AUIKILOGT? Check your answers here: Word solver AUIKILOGT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1264The Statute of Kalisz, guaranteeing Jews safety and personal liberties and giving battei din jurisdiction over Jewish matters, is promulgated by Boleslaus the Pious, Duke of Greater Poland.
- 1761Marriage of King George III of the United Kingdom to Duchess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- 1810The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor’s newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor’s men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria, Oregon.
- 1831William IV and Adelaide of Saxe-Meiningen are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1914World War I: Private Thomas Highgate becomes the first British soldier to be executed for desertion during the war.
- 1923Honda Point Disaster: nine US Navy destroyers run aground off the California coast. Seven are lost, and twenty-three sailors killed.
- 1926Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- 19303M begins marketing Scotch transparent tape.
- 1952The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation makes its first televised broadcast on the second escape of the Boyd Gang.
- 1959The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is established.
Who were born on September 8?
- 1815Giuseppina Strepponi, Italian operatic soprano, 2nd wife of Giuseppe Verdi (d. 1897)
- 1831Wilhelm Raabe, German novelist (d. 1910)
- 1884Théodore Pilette, Belgian racing driver (d. 1921)
- 1947Valery Afanassiev, Russian pianist
- 1951Tim (d. 1996) and Tom Gullikson, American tennis player brothers
- 1970Latrell Sprewell, American basketball player
- 1978Angela Rawlings, Canadian-American author and performer
- 1979Pink, American singer
- 1981Morten Gamst Pedersen, Norwegian footballer
- 1982Travis Daniels, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.