September 8: Day of the Week
September 8, 2019 was the 251st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 114 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sue’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1449Battle of Tumu Fortress – Mongolians capture the Chinese emperor.
- 1727A barn fire during a puppet show in the village of Burwell in Cambridgeshire, England kills 78 people, many of whom are children.
- 1761Marriage of King George III of the United Kingdom to Duchess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- 1793French Revolutionary Wars: Battle of Hondschoote.
- 1796French Revolutionary Wars: Battle of Bassano – French forces defeat Austrian troops at Bassano del Grappa.
- 1926Germany is admitted to the League of Nations.
- 1941World War II: Siege of Leningrad begins. German forces begin a siege against the Soviet Union’s second-largest city, Leningrad.
- 1959The Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) is established.
- 1965Pakistan Navy raids Indian coasts without any resistance in Operation Dwarka, Pakistan celebrates Victory Day annually.
- 1966The first Star Trek series premieres on NBC.
Who were born on September 8?
- 1783Nicolai Frederik Severin Grundtvig, Danish writer and philosopher (d. 1872)
- 1841Antonín Dvořák, Czech composer (d. 1904)
- 1901Hendrik Frensch Verwoerd, South African politician (d. 1966)
- 1919Gianni Brera, Italian journalist and writer (d. 1992)
- 1929Christoph von Dohnanyi, German conductor
- 1962Jay Ziskrout, American punk bassist ex-Bad Religion
- 1970Brad Cain, American professional wrestler
- 1972Os du Randt, South African rugby player
- 1978Angela Rawlings, Canadian-American author and performer
- 1997Kimberlea Berg, English actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.