September 8: Day of the Week
September 8, 2019 is the 251st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 114 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is dimanche.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1331Stephen Uroš IV Dušan declares himself king of Serbia
- 1727A barn fire during a puppet show in the village of Burwell in Cambridgeshire, England kills 78 people, many of whom are children.
- 1761Marriage of King George III of the United Kingdom to Duchess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- 1810The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor’s newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor’s men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria, Oregon.
- 1863American Civil War: Second Battle of Sabine Pass – on the Texas-Louisiana border at the mouth of the Sabine River, a small Confederate force thwarts a Union invasion of Texas.
- 1888In London, the body of Jack the Ripper’s second murder victim, Annie Chapman, is found.
- 1943World War II: United States General Dwight D. Eisenhower publicly announces the Allied armistice with Italy.
- 1951Treaty of San Francisco: In San Francisco, California, 48 nations sign a peace treaty with Japan in formal recognition of the end of the Pacific War.
- 1966The Severn Bridge is officially opened by Queen Elizabeth II.
- 1971In Washington, D.C., the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is inaugurated, with the opening feature being the premiere of Leonard Bernstein’s Mass.
Who were born on September 8?
- 1897Jimmie Rodgers, American singer and composer (d. 1933)
- 1905Ivy Bean, English internet celebrity (d. 2010)
- 1929Roger Byrne, English footballer (d. 1958)
- 1932Patsy Cline, American singer (d. 1963)
- 1950Zachary Richard, American singer and songwriter
- 1962Thomas Kretschmann, German actor
- 1970Neko Case, American musician
- 1971Dustin O'Halloran, American pianist and composer
- 1983Lewis Roberts-Thompson, Australian rules footballer
- 1996Krystal Reyes, Filipina actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.