September 8, 1962: Day of the Week
September 8, 1962 was the 251st day of the year 1962 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 114 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 61 years old today. If that same person saved a Penny every day starting at age 4, then by now that person has accumulated $208.34 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IHSZDAE? Check your answers here: Word solver IHSZDAE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the September 1962 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1962 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Tiger is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
September 8, 1962 Historical Event(s)
- 1962Last run of the famous Pines Express over the Somerset and Dorset Railway line (UK) fittingly using the last steam locomotive built by British Railways, 9F locomotive 92220 Evening Star.
- 1962Newly independent Algeria, by referendum, adopts a constitution.
Who were born on September 8, 1962?
- 1962Christopher Klim, American novelist
- 1962Jay Ziskrout, American punk bassist ex-Bad Religion
- 1962Sergio Casal, Spanish tennis player
- 1962Thomas Kretschmann, German actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.