September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2021 is the 252nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NVADZAIXSW? Check your answers here: Words with these letters NVADZAIXSW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1776The Continental Congress officially names its new union of sovereign states the United States.
- 1850California is admitted as the thirty-first U.S. state.
- 1855Crimean War: The Siege of Sevastopol comes to an end when Russian forces abandon the city.
- 1947First actual case of a computer bug being found: a moth lodges in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at Harvard University.
- 1965Hurricane Betsy makes its second landfall near New Orleans, Louisiana, leaving 76 dead and $1.42 billion ($10–12 billion in 2005 dollars) in damages, becoming the first hurricane to top $1 billion in unadjusted damages.
- 1969In Canada, the Official Languages Act comes into force, making the French language equal to the English language throughout the Federal government.
- 1970A British airliner is hijacked by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and flown to Dawson’s Field in Jordan.
- 1971The four-day Attica Prison riot begins, which eventually results in 39 dead, most killed by state troopers retaking the prison.
- 20042004 Australian embassy bombing: A bomb explodes outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta, killing 10 people.
- 2009At exactly 9:09:09 PM, the Dubai Metro, the first urban train network in the Arabian Peninsula, is ceremonially inaugurated.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1878Adelaide Crapsey, American poet (d. 1914)
- 1878Sergio Osmeña, 4th President of the Philippines (d. 1961)
- 1928Sol LeWitt, American artist (d.2007)
- 1960Bob Stoops, American football coach
- 1966Adam Sandler, American actor and comedian
- 1966Kevin Hatcher, American ice hockey player
- 1967Anna Malle, American porn star (d. 2006)
- 1968Clive Mendonca, English footballer
- 1984Farrah Gray, American author
- 1985Yung Berg, American rapper
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.