September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2019 is the 252nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 337Constantine II, Constantius II, and Constans I succeed their father Constantine I as co-emperors. The Roman Empire is divided between the three Augusti.
- 1379Treaty of Neuberg, splitting the Austrian Habsburg lands between the Habsburg Dukes Albert III and Leopold III.
- 1543Mary Stuart, at nine months old, is crowned “Queen of Scots” in the central Scottish town of Stirling.
- 1561The ultimately unsuccessful Colloquy at Poissy opens in an effort to reconcile French Catholics and Protestants.
- 1839John Herschel takes the first glass plate photograph.
- 1855Crimean War: The Siege of Sevastopol comes to an end when Russian forces abandon the city.
- 1923Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, founds the Republican People’s Party.
- 1947First actual case of a computer bug being found: a moth lodges in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at Harvard University.
- 19901990 Batticaloa massacre, massacre of 184 minority Tamil civilians by Sri Lankan Army in the eastern Batticaloa District of Sri Lanka.
- 20042004 Australian embassy bombing: A bomb explodes outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta, killing 10 people.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1700Princess Anna Sophie of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (d. 1780)
- 1754William Bligh, Royal Navy admiral and colonial administrator (d. 1817)
- 1868Mary Hunter Austin, American writer (d. 1934)
- 1878Sergio Osmeña, 4th President of the Philippines (d. 1961)
- 1917Rolf Wenkhaus, German actor (d. 1942)
- 1952Manuel Göttsching, German musician (Ash Ra Tempel)
- 1954Jeffrey Combs, American actor
- 1967Akshay Kumar, Indian actor
- 1977Kyle Snyder, American baseball player
- 1988Danilo D'Ambrosio, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.