September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2020 is the 253rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Heather’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1543Mary Stuart, at nine months old, is crowned “Queen of Scots” in the central Scottish town of Stirling.
- 1739Stono Rebellion, the largest slave uprising in Britain’s mainland North American colonies prior to the American Revolution, erupts near Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1801Alexander I of Russia confirms the privileges of Baltic provinces.
- 1850The Compromise of 1850 transfers a third of Texas’s claimed territory (now parts of Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming) to federal control in return for the U.S. federal government assuming $10 million of Texas’s pre-annexation debt.
- 1922The Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922 effectively ends with Turkish victory over the Greeks in Smyrna.
- 1947First actual case of a computer bug being found: a moth lodges in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at Harvard University.
- 1969In Canada, the Official Languages Act comes into force, making the French language equal to the English language throughout the Federal government.
- 1999The beginning of the Y2K bug and debut of the Dreamcast.
- 2001Ahmed Shah Massoud, leader of the Northern Alliance, is assassinated in Afghanistan by two al Qaeda assassins who claimed to be Arab journalists wanting an interview.
- 2001Pärnu methanol tragedy occurs in Pärnu County, Estonia.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1904Arthur Laing, Canadian politician (d. 1975)
- 1920Feng Kang, Chinese mathematician (d. 1993)
- 1924Russell M. Nelson, LDS apostle and cardiac surgery pioneer
- 1935Chaim Topol, Israeli actor
- 1947Freddy Weller, American singer-songwriter
- 1960Bob Hartley, Canadian ice hockey head coach
- 1968Francois Botha, South African boxer
- 1971Eric Stonestreet, American actor
- 1974Ana Carolina, Brazilian singer, composer and musician
- 1979Nikki DeLoach, American actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.