September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2019 was the 252nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Devon’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1000Battle of Svolder, Viking Age.
- 1379Treaty of Neuberg, splitting the Austrian Habsburg lands between the Habsburg Dukes Albert III and Leopold III.
- 1493Battle of Krbava field, a decisive defeat of Croats in Croatian struggle against the invasion by the Ottoman Empire.
- 1801Alexander I of Russia confirms the privileges of Baltic provinces.
- 1850The Compromise of 1850 transfers a third of Texas’s claimed territory (now parts of Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming) to federal control in return for the U.S. federal government assuming $10 million of Texas’s pre-annexation debt.
- 1855Crimean War: The Siege of Sevastopol comes to an end when Russian forces abandon the city.
- 1924Hanapepe Massacre occurs on Kauai, Hawaii.
- 1948Kim Il-sung declares the establishment of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
- 1970A British airliner is hijacked by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and flown to Dawson’s Field in Jordan.
- 2001Pärnu methanol tragedy occurs in Pärnu County, Estonia.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1778Clemens Brentano, German poet (d. 1842)
- 1960Bob Stoops, American football coach
- 1965Todd Zeile, American baseball player
- 1966Georg Hackl, German luger
- 1968Clive Mendonca, English footballer
- 1970Natalia Streignard, Venezuelan actress
- 1977Stuart Price, British electronic musician, songwriter, and record producer
- 1982Graham Onions, English cricketer
- 1983Cleveland Taylor, English footballer
- 1985Sacha Kljestan, American footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.