September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2020 was the 253rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is mercredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OIHCDOZDBIO? Check your answers here: Word finder OIHCDOZDBIO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 9Arminius’ alliance of six Germanic tribes ambushes and annihilates three Roman legions of Publius Quinctilius Varus in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
- 1543Mary Stuart, at nine months old, is crowned “Queen of Scots” in the central Scottish town of Stirling.
- 1923Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, founds the Republican People’s Party.
- 1944World War II: The Fatherland Front takes power in Bulgaria through a military coup in the capital and armed rebellion in the country. A new pro-Soviet government is established.
- 1945Second Sino-Japanese War: Japan formally surrenders to China.
- 1969In Canada, the Official Languages Act comes into force, making the French language equal to the English language throughout the Federal government.
- 1971The four-day Attica Prison riot begins, which eventually results in 39 dead, most killed by state troopers retaking the prison.
- 1991Tajikstan gains independence from the Soviet Union.
- 1999The beginning of the Y2K bug and debut of the Dreamcast.
- 2010A natural gas pipeline explosion in San Bruno, California, creates a “wall of fire” more than 1000 ft high.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1466Ashikaga Yoshitane, Japanese shogun (d. 1523)
- 1721Fredrik Henrik af Chapman, Swedish naval architect and vice admiral (d. 1808)
- 1899Neil Hamilton, American actor (d. 1984)
- 1924Rik Van Steenbergen, Belgian cyclist (d. 2003)
- 1930Frank Lucas, Drug Lord
- 1931Zoltán Latinovits, Hungarian actor (d. 1976)
- 1973Kazuhisa Ishii, Japanese baseball player
- 1974Marcos Curiel, American guitarist (P.O.D.), songwriter, producer.
- 1983Katy Steele, Australian guitarist, singer and songwriter for Little Birdy
- 1985Sacha Kljestan, American footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.