September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2022 was the 252nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CSQDWJICWEE? Check your answers here: Word finder CSQDWJICWEE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1791Washington, D.C., the capitol of the United States, is named after President George Washington.
- 1850California is admitted as the thirty-first U.S. state.
- 1863American Civil War: The Union Army enters Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- 1914World War I: The creation of the Canadian Automobile Machine Gun Brigade, the first fully mechanized unit in the British Army.
- 1922The Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922 effectively ends with Turkish victory over the Greeks in Smyrna.
- 1923Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, founds the Republican People’s Party.
- 1944World War II: The Fatherland Front takes power in Bulgaria through a military coup in the capital and armed rebellion in the country. A new pro-Soviet government is established.
- 1947First actual case of a computer bug being found: a moth lodges in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at Harvard University.
- 1969Allegheny Airlines Flight 853 DC-9 collides in flight with a Piper PA-28 and crashes near Fairland, Indiana.
- 2009At exactly 9:09:09 PM, the Dubai Metro, the first urban train network in the Arabian Peninsula, is ceremonially inaugurated.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1920Neil Chotem, Canadian pianist, conductor and composer (d. 2008)
- 1923Rosita Sokou, Greek journalist, author, playwright and translator
- 1945Dee Dee Sharp, American R&B singer
- 1952David A. Stewart, English musician (Eurythmics)
- 1957Pierre-Laurent Aimard, French pianist
- 1972Mike Hampton, American baseball player
- 1974Vikram Batra, Indian soldier (d. 1999)
- 1980Todd Coffey, American baseball player
- 1983Vitolo, Spanish footballer
- 1990Haley Reinhart, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.