September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2019 is the 252nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1543Mary Stuart, at nine months old, is crowned “Queen of Scots” in the central Scottish town of Stirling.
- 1561The ultimately unsuccessful Colloquy at Poissy opens in an effort to reconcile French Catholics and Protestants.
- 1791Washington, D.C., the capitol of the United States, is named after President George Washington.
- 1850The Compromise of 1850 transfers a third of Texas’s claimed territory (now parts of Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Wyoming) to federal control in return for the U.S. federal government assuming $10 million of Texas’s pre-annexation debt.
- 1923Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, founds the Republican People’s Party.
- 1926The U.S. National Broadcasting Company is formed.
- 1972In Kentucky’s Mammoth Cave National Park, a Cave Research Foundation exploration and mapping team discovers a link between the Mammoth and Flint Ridge cave systems, making it the longest known cave passageway in the world.
- 1991Tajikstan gains independence from the Soviet Union.
- 1999The beginning of the Y2K bug and debut of the Dreamcast.
- 2001Pärnu methanol tragedy occurs in Pärnu County, Estonia.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1731Francisco Javier Clavijero, Mexican writer (d. 1787)
- 1872Phan Chu Trinh, Vietnamese nationalist (d. 1926)
- 1905Hussain Sha, Indian philosopher (d. 1981)
- 1926Yusuf al-Qaradawi, prominent Egypt Muslim cleric
- 1931Zoltán Latinovits, Hungarian actor (d. 1976)
- 1960Hugh Grant, English actor
- 1968Jon Drummond, American former sprinter
- 1975Michael Bublé, Canadian/Italian singer and actor
- 1983Edwin Jackson, American baseball player
- 1988Danilo D'Ambrosio, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.