September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2021 was the 252nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EAEGQBAW? Check your answers here: Word solver EAEGQBAW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1513James IV of Scotland is defeated and dies in the Battle of Flodden Field, ending Scotland’s involvement in the War of the League of Cambrai.
- 1776The Continental Congress officially names its new union of sovereign states the United States.
- 1863American Civil War: The Union Army enters Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- 1939World War II: The Battle of Hel begins, the longest-defended pocket of Polish Army resistance during the German invasion of Poland.
- 1942World War II: A Japanese floatplane drops incendiary bombs on Oregon.
- 1943World War II: The Allies land at Salerno and Taranto, Italy.
- 1956Elvis Presley appears on The Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.
- 1965The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development is established.
- 1966The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act is signed into law by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 2001At exactly 01:46:40 UTC, the Unix billenium is reached, marking the beginning of the use of 10-digit decimal Unix timestamps.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1349Duke Albert III of Austria (d. 1395)
- 1777James Carr, U.S. Congressman (d. 1818)
- 1904Feroze Khan, Pakistani field hockey player (d. 2005)
- 1951Tom Wopat, American actor and singer
- 1952Manuel Göttsching, German musician (Ash Ra Tempel)
- 1959Eric Serra, French composer
- 1974Vikram Batra, Indian soldier (d. 1999)
- 1976Chace Ambrose, American actor and writer
- 1977Lambros Lambrou, Greek-Cypriot footballer
- 1982John Kuhn, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.