September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2022 is the 252nd day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IEAZOXGUXS? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IEAZOXGUXS. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1379Treaty of Neuberg, splitting the Austrian Habsburg lands between the Habsburg Dukes Albert III and Leopold III.
- 1493Battle of Krbava field, a decisive defeat of Croats in Croatian struggle against the invasion by the Ottoman Empire.
- 1739Stono Rebellion, the largest slave uprising in Britain’s mainland North American colonies prior to the American Revolution, erupts near Charleston, South Carolina.
- 1943World War II: The Allies land at Salerno and Taranto, Italy.
- 1944World War II: The Fatherland Front takes power in Bulgaria through a military coup in the capital and armed rebellion in the country. A new pro-Soviet government is established.
- 1945Second Sino-Japanese War: Japan formally surrenders to China.
- 1972In Kentucky’s Mammoth Cave National Park, a Cave Research Foundation exploration and mapping team discovers a link between the Mammoth and Flint Ridge cave systems, making it the longest known cave passageway in the world.
- 1993The Palestine Liberation Organization officially recognizes Israel as a legitimate state.
- 2001At exactly 01:46:40 UTC, the Unix billenium is reached, marking the beginning of the use of 10-digit decimal Unix timestamps.
- 2001Pärnu methanol tragedy occurs in Pärnu County, Estonia.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1828Leo Tolstoy, Russian novelist (d. 1910)
- 1853Fred Spofforth, Australian cricketer (d. 1926)
- 1894Bert Oldfield, Australian cricketer (d. 1976)
- 1904Arthur Laing, Canadian politician (d. 1975)
- 1920Robert Wood Johnson III, American philanthropist (d. 1970)
- 1923Rosita Sokou, Greek journalist, author, playwright and translator
- 1951Robert Desiderio, American actor
- 1951Tom Wopat, American actor and singer
- 1974Marcos Curiel, American guitarist (P.O.D.), songwriter, producer.
- 1984James Hildreth, English cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.