September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2021 is the 252nd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EWYATGDAELMT? Check your answers here: Word search EWYATGDAELMT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1379Treaty of Neuberg, splitting the Austrian Habsburg lands between the Habsburg Dukes Albert III and Leopold III.
- 1493Battle of Krbava field, a decisive defeat of Croats in Croatian struggle against the invasion by the Ottoman Empire.
- 1776The Continental Congress officially names its new union of sovereign states the United States.
- 1922The Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922 effectively ends with Turkish victory over the Greeks in Smyrna.
- 1926The U.S. National Broadcasting Company is formed.
- 1943World War II: The Allies land at Salerno and Taranto, Italy.
- 1947First actual case of a computer bug being found: a moth lodges in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at Harvard University.
- 1965Hurricane Betsy makes its second landfall near New Orleans, Louisiana, leaving 76 dead and $1.42 billion ($10–12 billion in 2005 dollars) in damages, becoming the first hurricane to top $1 billion in unadjusted damages.
- 1966The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act is signed into law by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- 1969In Canada, the Official Languages Act comes into force, making the French language equal to the English language throughout the Federal government.
Who were born on September 9?
- 1920Neil Chotem, Canadian pianist, conductor and composer (d. 2008)
- 1922Hoyt Curtin, American songwriter (d. 2000)
- 1930Frank Lucas, Drug Lord
- 1939Ron McDole, American football player
- 1959Tom Foley, American baseball player and coach
- 1976Aki Riihilahti, Finnish footballer
- 1980Todd Coffey, American baseball player
- 1984Farrah Gray, American author
- 1986Chamu Chibhabha, Zimbabwean cricketer
- 1988Danilo D'Ambrosio, Italian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.