September 9: Day of the Week
September 9, 2019 is the 252nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 113 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 9 Historical Event(s)
- 337Constantine II, Constantius II, and Constans I succeed their father Constantine I as co-emperors. The Roman Empire is divided between the three Augusti.
- 1379Treaty of Neuberg, splitting the Austrian Habsburg lands between the Habsburg Dukes Albert III and Leopold III.
- 1493Battle of Krbava field, a decisive defeat of Croats in Croatian struggle against the invasion by the Ottoman Empire.
- 1561The ultimately unsuccessful Colloquy at Poissy opens in an effort to reconcile French Catholics and Protestants.
- 1914World War I: The creation of the Canadian Automobile Machine Gun Brigade, the first fully mechanized unit in the British Army.
- 1922The Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922 effectively ends with Turkish victory over the Greeks in Smyrna.
- 1939World War II: The Battle of Hel begins, the longest-defended pocket of Polish Army resistance during the German invasion of Poland.
- 1965Hurricane Betsy makes its second landfall near New Orleans, Louisiana, leaving 76 dead and $1.42 billion ($10–12 billion in 2005 dollars) in damages, becoming the first hurricane to top $1 billion in unadjusted damages.
- 1972In Kentucky’s Mammoth Cave National Park, a Cave Research Foundation exploration and mapping team discovers a link between the Mammoth and Flint Ridge cave systems, making it the longest known cave passageway in the world.
- 2001Pärnu methanol tragedy occurs in Pärnu County, Estonia.
Who were born on September 9?
- 384Flavius Honorius, Roman Emperor (d. 423)
- 1899Bruno E. Jacob, Founder of the National Forensic League (d. 1979)
- 1924Jane Greer, American actress (d. 2001)
- 1940Hugh Morgan, Australian businessman
- 1942Danny Kalb, American musician, (Blues Project)
- 1951Alexander Downer, Australian politician
- 1972Félix Rodríguez, Dominican baseball player
- 1976Aki Riihilahti, Finnish footballer
- 1977Kyle Snyder, American baseball player
- 1985Luka Modrić, Croatian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.