What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Victoria’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1066 Historical Event(s)
- January 5, 1066 – Edward the Confessor dies childless, sparking a succession crisis that will eventually lead to the Norman conquest of England.
- January 6, 1066 – Harold Godwinson is crowned King of England.
- September 25, 1066 – The Battle of Stamford Bridge marks the end of the Viking invasions of England.
- September 27, 1066 – William the Conqueror and his army set sail from the mouth of the Somme River, beginning the Norman Conquest of England.
- September 28, 1066 – William the Bastard (as he was known at the time) invades England beginning the Norman Conquest.
- October 14, 1066 – Norman Conquest: Battle of Hastings – In England on Senlac Hill, seven miles from Hastings, the Norman forces of William the Conqueror defeat the English army and kill King Harold II of England.
- December 25, 1066 – William the Conqueror is crowned king of England, at Westminster Abbey, London.
- December 30, 1066 – Granada massacre: A Muslim mob storms the royal palace in Granada, crucifies Jewish vizier Joseph ibn Naghrela and massacres most of the Jewish population of the city.