Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1189 Historical Event(s)
- July 6, 1189 – Richard I “the Lionheart” is crowned King of England.
- July 27, 1189 – Friedrich Barbarossa arrives at Niš, the capital of Serbian King Stefan Nemanja, during the Third Crusade.
- August 28, 1189 – Third Crusade: the Crusaders begin the Siege of Acre under Guy of Lusignan
- September 3, 1189 – Richard I of England (a.k.a. Richard “the Lionheart”) is crowned at Westminster.
- October 1, 1189 – Gerard de Ridefort, grandmaster of the Knights Templar since 1184, is killed in the Siege of Acre.