Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1500 Historical Event(s)
- January 5, 1500 – Duke Ludovico Sforza conquers Milan.
- January 26, 1500 – Vicente Yáñez Pinzón becomes the first European to set foot on Brazil.
- February 17, 1500 – Duke Friedrich and Duke Johann attempt to subdue the peasantry of Dithmarschen, Denmark, in the Battle of Hemmingstedt.
- March 9, 1500 – The fleet of Pedro Alvares Cabral leaves Lisbon for the Indies. The fleet will discover Brazil which lies within boundaries granted to Portugal in the Treaty of Tordesillas.
- March 29, 1500 – Cesare Borgia is given the title of Captain General and Gonfalonier by his father Rodrigo Borgia after returning from his conquests in the Romagna.
- April 10, 1500 – Ludovico Sforza is captured by the Swiss troops at Novara and is handed over to the French.
- April 22, 1500 – Portuguese navigator Pedro Álvares Cabral lands in Brazil.
- November 11, 1500 – Treaty of Granada – Louis XII of France and Ferdinand II of Aragon agree to divide the Kingdom of Naples between them.
Who Were Born On 1500?
- February 22, 1500 – Cardinal Rodolfo Pio da Carpi, Italian humanist (d. 1564)
- February 24, 1500 – Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1558)
- April 12, 1500 – Joachim Camerarius, German classical scholar (d. 1574)
- April 23, 1500 – Alexander Ales, Scottish theologian (d. 1565)
- November 3, 1500 – Benvenuto Cellini, Italian artist (d. 1571)