Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1509 Historical Event(s)
- February 3, 1509 – The Battle of Diu, between Portugal and the Ottoman Empire takes place in Diu, India.
- April 21, 1509 – Henry VIII ascends the throne of England on the death of his father, Henry VII.
- April 27, 1509 – Pope Julius II places the Italian state of Venice under interdict.
- May 14, 1509 – Battle of Agnadello: In northern Italy, French forces defeat the Venetians.
- June 11, 1509 – Henry VIII of England marries Catherine of Aragon.
- June 24, 1509 – Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon are crowned King and Queen of England.
- July 26, 1509 – The Emperor Krishnadeva Raya ascends to the throne, marking the beginning of the regeneration of the Vijayanagara Empire.
- September 10, 1509 – An earthquake known as “The Lesser Judgment Day” hits Istanbul.
Who Were Born On 1509?
- January 25, 1509 – Giovanni Morone, Italian cardinal (d. 1580)
- July 10, 1509 – John Calvin, French religious reformer (d. 1564)
- August 3, 1509 – Étienne Dolet, French scholar (d. 1546)