Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DDIOGVQVDUJ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters DDIOGVQVDUJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1529 Historical Event(s)
- April 19, 1529 – The Second Diet of Speyer bans Lutheranism; a group of rulers (German: Fürst) and independent cities (German: Reichsstadt) protests the reinstatement of the Edict of Worms, beginning the Protestant Reformation.
- April 22, 1529 – Treaty of Saragossa divides the eastern hemisphere between Spain and Portugal along a line 297.5 leagues or 17° east of the Moluccas.
- September 1, 1529 – the Spanish fort Sancti Spiritu, the first one built in modern Argentina, is destroyed by natives.
- September 27, 1529 – The Siege of Vienna begins when Suleiman I attacks the city.
- October 15, 1529 – The Siege of Vienna ends as the Austrians rout the invading Turks, turning the tide against almost a century of unchecked conquest throughout eastern and central Europe by the Ottoman Empire.
Who Were Born On 1529?
- April 3, 1529 – Michael Neander, German mathematician and astronomer (d. 1581)
- June 7, 1529 – Étienne Pasquier, French lawyer and writer (d. 1615)
- June 14, 1529 – Archduke Ferdinand II of Austria (d. 1595)
- July 24, 1529 – Karl II, Margrave of Baden-Durlach, governor of the Margravate of Durlach (d. 1577)