Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1606 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1606 – Gunpowder Plot: The trial of Guy Fawkes and other conspirators begins, ending with their execution on January 31.
- January 31, 1606 – Gunpowder Plot: Guy Fawkes is executed for his plotting against Parliament and James I of England.
- April 10, 1606 – The Charter of the Virginia Company of London is established by royal charter by James I of England with the purpose of establishing colonial settlements in North America.
- April 12, 1606 – The Union Flag is adopted as the flag of Great Britain.
- December 19, 1606 – The Susan Constant, the Godspeed, and the Discovery depart England carrying settlers who found, at Jamestown, Virginia, the first of the thirteen colonies that became the United States.
- December 20, 1606 – The Virginia Company loads three ships with settlers and sets sail to establish Jamestown, Virginia, the first permanent English settlement in the Americas.
Who Were Born On 1606?
- February 10, 1606 – Christine Marie of France, regent of Savoy (d. 1663)
- March 3, 1606 – Edmund Waller, British poet (d. 1687)
- May 25, 1606 – Charles Garnier, French Jesuit missionary (d. 1649)
- June 6, 1606 – Pierre Corneille, French dramatist (d. 1684)
- June 16, 1606 – Arthur Chichester, 1st Earl of Donegall, Irish aristocrat and soldier (d. 1675)
- June 19, 1606 – James Hamilton, 1st Duke of Hamilton, Scottish statesman (d. 1649)
- July 15, 1606 – Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn, Dutch painter (d. 1669)
- August 18, 1606 – Maria Anna of Spain, Holy Roman Empire Empress and Queen of Hungary (d. 1646)
- September 22, 1606 – Li Zicheng, emperor of China (d. 1645)
- November 9, 1606 – Hermann Conring, German intellectual (d. 1681)