Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1611 Historical Event(s)
- April 28, 1611 – Establishment of the Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, The Catholic University of the Philippines, the largest Catholic university in the world.
- May 2, 1611 – King James Bible is published for the first time in London, England, by printer Robert Barker.
- June 23, 1611 – The mutinous crew of Henry Hudson’s fourth voyage sets Henry, his son and seven loyal crew members adrift in an open boat in what is now Hudson Bay; they are never heard from again.
- October 29, 1611 – Russian homage to the King of Poland, Sigismund III Vasa.
- November 1, 1611 – William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
Who Were Born On 1611?
- January 28, 1611 – Johannes Hevelius, Polish-born astronomer (d. 1687)
- February 6, 1611 – Chongzhen Emperor, Emperor of China (d. 1644)
- March 1, 1611 – John Pell, English mathematician (d. 1685)
- May 16, 1611 – Pope Innocent XI (d. 1689)
- July 16, 1611 – Archduchess Cecilia Renata of Austria, Austrian-born Queen consort of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, wife of King Władysław IV Vasa (d. 1644)
- August 18, 1611 – Ludwika Maria Gonzaga, queen of Poland (d. 1650)
- September 8, 1611 – Johann Friedrich Gronovius, German classical scholar (d. 1671)
- September 11, 1611 – Turenne, 3rd Marshal General of France (d. 1675)
- November 1, 1611 – François-Marie, comte de Broglie, Italian-born French commander (d. 1656)