Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters URXMOTEW? Check your answers here: Word finder URXMOTEW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1611 Historical Event(s)
- April 28, 1611 – Establishment of the Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, The Catholic University of the Philippines, the largest Catholic university in the world.
- May 2, 1611 – King James Bible is published for the first time in London, England, by printer Robert Barker.
- June 23, 1611 – The mutinous crew of Henry Hudson’s fourth voyage sets Henry, his son and seven loyal crew members adrift in an open boat in what is now Hudson Bay; they are never heard from again.
- October 29, 1611 – Russian homage to the King of Poland, Sigismund III Vasa.
- November 1, 1611 – William Shakespeare’s romantic comedy The Tempest is presented for the first time, at Whitehall Palace in London.
Who Were Born On 1611?
- January 28, 1611 – Johannes Hevelius, Polish-born astronomer (d. 1687)
- February 6, 1611 – Chongzhen Emperor, Emperor of China (d. 1644)
- March 1, 1611 – John Pell, English mathematician (d. 1685)
- May 16, 1611 – Pope Innocent XI (d. 1689)
- July 16, 1611 – Archduchess Cecilia Renata of Austria, Austrian-born Queen consort of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, wife of King Władysław IV Vasa (d. 1644)
- August 18, 1611 – Ludwika Maria Gonzaga, queen of Poland (d. 1650)
- September 8, 1611 – Johann Friedrich Gronovius, German classical scholar (d. 1671)
- September 11, 1611 – Turenne, 3rd Marshal General of France (d. 1675)
- November 1, 1611 – François-Marie, comte de Broglie, Italian-born French commander (d. 1656)