Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1695 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1695 – Mustafa II becomes the Ottoman sultan in Istanbul on the death of Ahmed II. Mustafa rules until his abdication in 1703.
- August 15, 1695 – French forces end the Bombardment of Brussels, leaving a third of the buildings in the city in ruins.
- September 7, 1695 – Henry Every perpetrates one of the most profitable pirate raids in history with the capture of the Grand Mughal ship Ganj-i-Sawai. In response, Emperor Aurangzeb threatens to end to all English trading in India.
- November 20, 1695 – Zumbi, the last of the leaders of Quilombo dos Palmares in early Brazil, is executed.
- December 31, 1695 – A window tax is imposed in England, causing many householders to brick up windows to avoid the tax.
Who Were Born On 1695?
- February 2, 1695 – François de Chevert, French general (d. 1769)
- February 6, 1695 – Nicolaus II Bernoulli, Swiss mathematician (d. 1726)
- March 9, 1695 – Martín Sarmiento, Spanish writer and scholar (d.1772)
- May 2, 1695 – Giovanni Niccolò Servandoni, Italian-born architect (d. 1766)
- May 3, 1695 – Henri Pitot, Italian-born French engineer (d. 1771)
- September 3, 1695 – Pietro Locatelli, Italian composer (d. 1764)
- September 5, 1695 – Carl Gustaf Tessin, Swedish politician (d. 1770)
- October 5, 1695 – John Glas, Scottish minister (d. 1773)
- November 10, 1695 – John Bevis, English physician and astronomer (d. 1771)