Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TFQBUOVRGAC? Check your answers here: Unscramble words TFQBUOVRGAC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1708 Historical Event(s)
- March 11, 1708 – Queen Anne withholds Royal Assent from the Scottish Militia Bill, the last time a British monarch vetoes legislation.
- March 23, 1708 – James Francis Edward Stuart lands at the Firth of Forth.
- August 23, 1708 – Meidingnu Pamheiba is crowned King of Manipur.
- September 11, 1708 – Charles XII of Sweden stops his march to conquer Moscow outside Smolensk, marking the turning point in the Great Northern War. The army is defeated nine months later in the Battle of Poltava, and the Swedish empire ceases to be a major power.
- October 9, 1708 – Peter the Great defeats the Swedes at the Battle of Lesnaya.
Who Were Born On 1708?
- January 27, 1708 – Anna Petrovna of Russia (d. 1728)
- November 15, 1708 – William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1778)
- December 8, 1708 – Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor (d. 1765)