Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1713 Historical Event(s)
- February 1, 1713 – The Kalabalik or Tumult in Bendery results from the Ottoman sultan’s order that his unwelcome guest, King Charles XII of Sweden, be seized.
- April 11, 1713 – War of the Spanish Succession (Queen Anne’s War): Treaty of Utrecht.
- April 19, 1713 – With no living male heirs, Charles VI, Holy Roman Emperor, issues the Pragmatic Sanction of 1713 to ensure that Habsburg lands and the Austrian throne would be inherited by his daughter, Maria Theresa of Austria (not actually born until 1717).
- June 23, 1713 – The French residents of Acadia are given one year to declare allegiance to Britain or leave Nova Scotia, Canada.
Who Were Born On 1713?
- March 21, 1713 – Francis Lewis, American signer of the Declaration of Independence (d. 1803)
- April 21, 1713 – Louis, 4th duc de Noailles, Marshal of France (d. 1793)
- May 25, 1713 – John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1792)
- June 16, 1713 – Meshech Weare, American Governor of New Hampshire (d. 1786)
- September 14, 1713 – Johann Kies, German mathematician (d. 1781)
- September 23, 1713 – King Ferdinand VI of Spain (d. 1759)
- October 7, 1713 – Granville Elliott, British military officer (d. 1759)
- October 8, 1713 – Yechezkel Landau, Polish rabbi and Talmudist (d. 1793)
- November 24, 1713 – Laurence Sterne, Irish novelist (d. 1768)