Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ASVOOBZJBKYU? Check your answers here: Word search ASVOOBZJBKYU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1770 Historical Event(s)
- March 5, 1770 – Boston Massacre: Five Americans, including Crispus Attucks, and a boy, are killed by British troops in an event that would contribute to the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War (also known as the American War of Independence) five years later. At a subsequent trial the soldiers are defended by John Adams.
- April 19, 1770 – Captain James Cook sights the eastern coast of what is now Australia.
- April 20, 1770 – The Georgian king Erekle II, abandoned by his Russian ally Count Totleben, wins a victory over Ottoman forces at Aspindza.
- May 16, 1770 – 14-year old Marie Antoinette marries 15-year-old Louis-Auguste who later becomes king of France.
- May 26, 1770 – The Orlov Revolt, an attempt to revolt against the Ottoman Empire before the Greek War of Independence, ends in disaster for the Greeks.
- June 11, 1770 – Captain James Cook runs aground on the Great Barrier Reef.
- June 19, 1770 – Emanuel Swedenborg reports the completion of the Second Coming of Christ in his work True Christian Religion.
- July 7, 1770 – The Battle of Larga between the Russian Empire and the Ottoman Empire takes place.
- August 22, 1770 – James Cook names and lands on Possession Island, Queensland and claims the east coast of Australia as New South Wales in the name of King George III.
Who Were Born On 1770?
- March 20, 1770 – Friedrich Hölderlin, German writer (d. 1843)
- April 7, 1770 – William Wordsworth, English poet (d. 1850)
- April 9, 1770 – Thomas Johann Seebeck, German physicist (d. 1831)
- April 11, 1770 – George Canning, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1827)
- April 25, 1770 – Georg Sverdrup, Norwegian philologist (d. 1850)
- April 30, 1770 – David Thompson, Canadian explorer (d. 1857)
- May 10, 1770 – Louis Nicolas Davout, French marshal (d. 1823)
- July 13, 1770 – Alexander Balashov, Russian general (d. 1837)
- August 3, 1770 – King Frederick William III of Prussia (d. 1840)
- November 19, 1770 – Bertel Thorvaldsen, Danish sculptor (d. 1844)