Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1775 Historical Event(s)
- April 14, 1775 – The first abolition society in North America is established. The Society for the Relief of Free Negroes Unlawfully Held in Bondage is organized in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Rush.
- May 10, 1775 – American Revolutionary War: A small Colonial militia led by Ethan Allen and Colonel Benedict Arnold captures Fort Ticonderoga.
- May 20, 1775 – Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence signed in Charlotte, North Carolina
- May 31, 1775 – American Revolution: The Mecklenburg Resolutions are allegedly adopted in the Province of North Carolina.
- June 11, 1775 – The American Revolutionary War’s first naval engagement, the Battle of Machias, results in the capture of a small British naval vessel.
- July 26, 1775 – The office that would later become the United States Post Office Department is established by the Second Continental Congress.
- September 17, 1775 – American Revolutionary War: The Invasion of Canada begins with the Siege of Fort St. Jean.
- October 26, 1775 – King George III goes before Parliament to declare the American colonies in rebellion, and authorized a military response to quell the American Revolution.
- November 10, 1775 – The United States Marine Corps is founded at Tun Tavern in Philadelphia by Samuel Nicholas.
- November 13, 1775 – American Revolutionary War: Patriot revolutionary forces under Gen. Richard Montgomery attack Montreal, Quebec, defended by British General Guy Carleton.
Who Were Born On 1775?
- January 30, 1775 – Walter Savage Landor, English writer (d. 1864)
- March 24, 1775 – Muthuswami Dikshitar, South Indian poet and composer, considered one of the musical trinity of Carnatic music (d. 1835)
- April 25, 1775 – Charlotte of Spain, Spanish Infanta and queen of Portugal (d. 1830)
- June 12, 1775 – Karl Freiherr von Müffling, Prussian field marshal (d. 1851)
- June 13, 1775 – Antoni Radziwiłł, Polish politician (d. 1833)
- August 6, 1775 – Daniel O'Connell, Irish politician (d. 1847)
- August 26, 1775 – William Joseph Behr, German writer (d. 1851)
- October 21, 1775 – Giuseppe Baini, Italian composer (d. 1844)
- December 14, 1775 – Thomas Cochrane, 10th Earl of Dundonald, British admiral (d. 1860)
- December 16, 1775 – Jane Austen, English writer (d. 1817)