What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alberta’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1777 Historical Event(s)
- January 12, 1777 – Mission Santa Clara de Asís is founded in what is now Santa Clara, California.
- January 15, 1777 – American Revolutionary War: New Connecticut (present day Vermont) declares its independence.
- July 6, 1777 – American Revolutionary War: Siege of Fort Ticonderoga – After a bombardment by British artillery under General John Burgoyne, American forces retreat from Fort Ticonderoga, New York.
- July 7, 1777 – American Revolutionary War: American forces retreating from Fort Ticonderoga are defeated in the Battle of Hubbardton.
- July 31, 1777 – The U.S. Second Continental Congress passes a resolution that the services of Marquis de Lafayette “be accepted, and that, in consideration of his zeal, illustrious family and connexions, he have the rank and commission of major-general of the United States.”
- October 4, 1777 – Battle of Germantown: Troops under George Washington are repelled by British troops under Sir William Howe.
- October 7, 1777 – American Revolutionary War: The Americans defeat the British in the Second Battle of Saratoga, also known as the Battle of Bemis Heights.
- November 15, 1777 – American Revolutionary War: After 16 months of debate the Continental Congress approves the Articles of Confederation.
- November 17, 1777 – Articles of Confederation are submitted to the states for ratification.
- December 18, 1777 – The United States celebrates its first Thanksgiving, marking the recent victory by the Americans over General John Burgoyne in the Battle of Saratoga in October.
Who Were Born On 1777?
- January 13, 1777 – Elisa Bonaparte, Grand Duchess of Tuscany, sister of Napoleon Bonaparte (d. 1820)
- January 25, 1777 – Karoline Jagemann, German actor (d. 1848)
- February 3, 1777 – John Cheyne, British physician, surgeon and author (d. 1836)
- February 12, 1777 – Friedrich de la Motte Fouqué, German poet (d. 1843)
- March 17, 1777 – Patrick Bronte, Anglo-Irish writer, curate, and father of the Bronte sisters
- June 15, 1777 – David Daniel Davis, British physician (d. 1841)
- July 27, 1777 – Henry Trevor, 21st Baron Dacre, British peer and soldier (d. 1853)
- July 31, 1777 – Pedro Ignacio de Castro Barros, Argentine statesman and priest (d. 1849)
- November 8, 1777 – Désirée Clary, queen of Sweden (d. 1860)
- December 4, 1777 – Juliette Récamier, French socialite (d. 1849)