Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XPAEPJEKOBD? Check your answers here: Word scramble XPAEPJEKOBD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1786 Historical Event(s)
- January 16, 1786 – The Commonwealth of Virginia enacted the Statute for Religious Freedom authored by Thomas Jefferson.
- May 1, 1786 – Opening night of the opera The Marriage of Figaro by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Vienna, Austria.
- June 10, 1786 – A landslide dam on the Dadu River created by an earthquake ten days earlier collapses, killing 100,000 in the Sichuan province of China.
- June 29, 1786 – Alexander Macdonell and over five hundred Roman Catholic highlanders leave Scotland to settle in Glengarry County, Ontario.
- August 8, 1786 – Mont Blanc on the French – Italian border is climbed for the first time by Jacques Balmat and Dr Michel-Gabriel Paccard.
- August 11, 1786 – Captain Francis Light establishes the British colony of Penang in Malaysia.
- August 29, 1786 – Shays’ Rebellion, an armed uprising of Massachusetts farmers, begins in response to high debt and tax burdens.
- September 11, 1786 – The Beginning of the Annapolis Convention.
- November 7, 1786 – The oldest musical organization in the United States is founded as the Stoughton Musical Society.
- November 30, 1786 – Peter Leopold Joseph of Habsburg-Lorraine, Grand Duke of Tuscany, promulgates a penal reform making his country the first state to abolish the death penalty. Consequently, November 30 is commemorated by 300 cities around the world as Cities for Life Day.
Who Were Born On 1786?
- January 7, 1786 – John Catron, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court (d. 1865)
- January 12, 1786 – Sir Robert Inglis, Bt, English politician (d. 1855)
- January 23, 1786 – Auguste de Montferrand, French architect (d. 1858)
- September 10, 1786 – Nicolás Bravo, Mexican politician and soldier (d. 1854)
- September 11, 1786 – Friedrich Kuhlau, German composer (d. 1832)
- September 18, 1786 – Justinus Kerner, German poet (d. 1862)
- October 11, 1786 – Stevenson Archer, American Congressman (d. 1848)
- October 30, 1786 – Philippe-Joseph Aubert de Gaspé, French Canadian writer (d. 1871)
- November 18, 1786 – Carl Maria von Weber, German composer (d. 1826)