Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1795 Historical Event(s)
- February 7, 1795 – The 11th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- March 28, 1795 – Partitions of Poland: The Duchy of Courland, a northern fief of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, ceases to exist and becomes part of Imperial Russia.
- August 31, 1795 – War of the First Coalition: The British capture Trincomalee (present-day Sri Lanka) from the Dutch in order to keep it out of French hands.
- October 1, 1795 – Belgium is conquered by France.
- October 3, 1795 – General Napoleon Bonaparte first rises to national prominence being named to defend the French National Convention against armed counter-revolutionary rioters threatening the three year old revolutionary government.
- October 24, 1795 – Partitions of Poland: The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth is completely divided among Austria, Prussia, and Russia
- October 26, 1795 – The French Directory, a five-man revolutionary government, is created.
- October 27, 1795 – The United States and Spain sign the Treaty of Madrid, which establishes the boundaries between Spanish colonies and the U.S.
- November 2, 1795 – The French Directory succeeds the French National Convention as the government of Revolutionary France.
- December 28, 1795 – Construction of Yonge Street, formerly recognized as the longest street in the world, begins in York, Upper Canada (present-day Toronto, Ontario).
Who Were Born On 1795?
- January 15, 1795 – Alexandr Griboyedov, Russian playwright (d. 1829)
- January 18, 1795 – Anna Pavlovna of Russia, queen of The Netherlands (d. 1865)
- February 10, 1795 – Ary Scheffer, French painter (d. 1858)
- June 12, 1795 – John Marston, Served in the Union Navy during the Civil War
- June 24, 1795 – Ernst Heinrich Weber, German anatomist and physiologist (d. 1878)
- September 1, 1795 – James Gordon Bennett, Sr., American newspaper publisher (d. 1872)
- September 6, 1795 – Frances Wright, English writer and lecturer (d. 1852)
- October 5, 1795 – Alexander Keith, Scottish-born Canadian brewer (d. 1873)
- October 31, 1795 – John Keats, British poet (d. 1821)
- December 21, 1795 – Leopold von Ranke, German historian (d. 1886)