What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Edward’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1800 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1800 – The Dutch East India Company is dissolved.
- March 21, 1800 – With the church leadership driven out of Rome during an armed conflict, Pius VII is crowned Pope in Venice with a temporary papal tiara made of papier-mâché.
- April 2, 1800 – Ludwig van Beethoven leads the premiere of his First Symphony in Vienna.
- May 15, 1800 – George III of the United Kingdom survives an assassination attempt by James Hadfield, who is later acquitted by reason of insanity.
- June 14, 1800 – The French Army of First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte defeats the Austrians at the Battle of Marengo in Northern Italy and re-conquers Italy.
- August 1, 1800 – The Act of Union 1800 is passed in which merges the Kingdom of Great Britain and the Kingdom of Ireland into the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- September 5, 1800 – Napoleon surrenders Malta to Great Britain.
- October 1, 1800 – Spain cedes Louisiana to France via the Treaty of San Ildefonso.
- October 7, 1800 – French corsair Robert Surcouf, commander of the 18-gun ship La Confiance, captures the British 38-gun Kent inspiring the traditional French song Le Trente-et-un du mois d'août.
- October 17, 1800 – Britain takes control of the Dutch colony of Curaçao.
Who Were Born On 1800?
- January 11, 1800 – Ányos Jedlik, Hungarian physicist (d. 1895)
- January 14, 1800 – Ludwig Ritter von Köchel, Austrian musicologist (d. 1877)
- February 6, 1800 – Achille Devéria, French painter and lithographer (d. 1857)
- March 2, 1800 – Evgeny Baratynsky, Russian poet (d. 1844)
- March 20, 1800 – Braulio Carrillo Colina, Costa Rican Head of State (d. 1845)
- April 15, 1800 – James Clark Ross, English explorer (d. 1862)
- May 30, 1800 – Henri-Marie-Gaston Boisnormand de Bonnechose French archbishop of Rouen and senator (d. 1883)
- June 23, 1800 – Karol Marcinkowski, Polish physician and social activist (d. 1846)
- August 22, 1800 – Samuel David Luzzatto, Italian-Jewish scholar (d. 1865)
- October 3, 1800 – George Bancroft, American historian and 17th Secretary of the Navy (d. 1891)