Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OIZSDHONVOE? Check your answers here: Word finder OIZSDHONVOE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1801 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1801 – The legislative union of Kingdom of Great Britain and Kingdom of Ireland is completed to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- January 20, 1801 – John Marshall is appointed the Chief Justice of the United States.
- February 4, 1801 – John Marshall is sworn in as Chief Justice of the United States.
- March 21, 1801 – The Battle of Alexandria is fought between British and French forces near the ruins of Nicopolis in Egypt.
- March 23, 1801 – Tsar Paul I of Russia is struck with a sword, then strangled, and finally trampled to death in his bedroom at St. Michael’s Castle.
- April 2, 1801 – Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Copenhagen – The British destroy the Danish fleet.
- May 6, 1801 – Captain Thomas Cochrane in the 14-gun HMS Speedy captures the 32-gun Spanish frigate El Gamo.
- July 6, 1801 – Battle of Algeciras: the French navy are defeated by the Royal Navy.
- July 11, 1801 – French astronomer Jean-Louis Pons made his first comet discovery. In the next 27 years he discovered another 36 comets, more than any other person in history.
- August 1, 1801 – First Barbary War: The American schooner USS Enterprise captures the Tripolitan polacca Tripoli in a single-ship action off the coast of modern-day Libya.
Who Were Born On 1801?
- January 29, 1801 – Horatia Nelson, daughter of Emma Hamilton and Horatio Nelson (d. 1881)
- April 26, 1801 – Ambrose Dudley Mann, American diplomat (d. 1889)
- May 9, 1801 – Peter Hesketh-Fleetwood, English Member of Parliament and developer (d. 1866)
- June 4, 1801 – James Pennethorne, English architect (d. 1871)
- August 21, 1801 – Guillaume Groen van Prinsterer, Dutch politician (d. 1876)
- September 7, 1801 – Sarel Cilliers, Voortrekker leader and preacher (d.1871)
- September 24, 1801 – Mikhail Vasilievich Ostrogradsky, Ukrainian scientist (d. 1862)
- November 10, 1801 – Samuel Gridley Howe, American social reformer (d. 1876)
- November 13, 1801 – Amalie Auguste of Bavaria, queen of Saxony (d. 1877)
- December 7, 1801 – Johann Nestroy, Austrian dramatist and actor (d. 1862)