Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1804 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1804 – French rule ends in Haiti. Haiti becomes the first black republic and second independent country in North America after the United States
- February 14, 1804 – Karadjordje leads the First Serbian Uprising against the Ottoman Empire.
- February 16, 1804 – First Barbary War: Stephen Decatur leads a raid to burn the pirate-held frigate USS Philadelphia.
- February 21, 1804 – The first self-propelling steam locomotive makes its outing at the Pen-y-Darren Ironworks in Wales.
- March 4, 1804 – Castle Hill Rebellion: Irish convicts rebel against British colonial authority in the Colony of New South Wales.
- March 10, 1804 – Louisiana Purchase: In St. Louis, Missouri, a formal ceremony is conducted to transfer ownership of the Louisiana Territory from France to the United States.
- April 5, 1804 – High Possil Meteorite: The first recorded meteorite in Scotland falls in Possil.
- July 11, 1804 – A duel occurs in which the Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton.
- October 9, 1804 – Hobart, capital of Tasmania, is founded.
- December 2, 1804 – At Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, Napoleon Bonaparte crowns himself Emperor of the French, the first French Emperor in a thousand years.
Who Were Born On 1804?
- February 8, 1804 – Richard Lemon Lander, British explorer (d. 1834)
- February 12, 1804 – Heinrich Lenz, German physicist (d. 1865)
- July 1, 1804 – George Sand, French writer (d. 1876)
- July 20, 1804 – Richard Owen, English biologist (d. 1892)
- September 8, 1804 – Eduard Mörike, German poet (d. 1875)
- October 16, 1804 – Benjamin Russell, American artist (d. 1885)
- December 10, 1804 – Carl Gustav Jakob Jacobi, German mathematician (d. 1851)
- December 13, 1804 – Joseph Howe, Canadian politician (d. 1873)
- December 21, 1804 – Benjamin Disraeli, 1st Earl of Beaconsfield, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1881)
- December 23, 1804 – Charles Augustin Sainte-Beuve, French literary critic (d. 1869)