What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Esther’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1807 Historical Event(s)
- February 8, 1807 – Battle of Eylau – Napoleon defeats Russians under General Benigssen.
- March 2, 1807 – The U.S. Congress passes the Act Prohibiting Importation of Slaves, disallowing the importation of new slaves into the country.
- May 22, 1807 – Most of the English town of Chudleigh is destroyed by fire
- June 14, 1807 – Emperor Napoleon I’s French Grande Armee defeats the Russian Army at the Battle of Friedland in Poland (modern Russian Kaliningrad Oblast) ending the War of the Fourth Coalition.
- June 28, 1807 – Second British invasion of the Río de la Plata; John Whitelock lands at Ensenada on an attempt to recapture Buenos Aires and is defeated by the locals.
- July 7, 1807 – Napoleonic Wars: the Peace of Tilsit between France, Prussia and Russia ends the Fourth Coalition.
- September 2, 1807 – The Royal Navy bombards Copenhagen with fire bombs and phosphorus rockets to prevent Denmark from surrendering its fleet to Napoleon.
- November 27, 1807 – The Portuguese Royal Family leaves Lisbon to escape from Napoleonic troops.
- December 17, 1807 – France issues the Milan Decree, which confirms the Continental System.
- December 22, 1807 – The Embargo Act, forbidding trade with all foreign countries, is passed by the U.S. Congress, at the urging of President Thomas Jefferson.
Who Were Born On 1807?
- February 3, 1807 – Joseph E. Johnston, American Confederate general (d. 1891)
- February 27, 1807 – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, American poet (d. 1882)
- March 1, 1807 – Wilford Woodruff, American religious figure (d. 1898)
- June 30, 1807 – Friedrich Theodor von Vischer, German narrator, lyricist and philosopher (d.1887)
- July 1, 1807 – Thomas Green Clemson, American educator (d. 1888)
- July 4, 1807 – Giuseppe Garibaldi, Italian military and political figure (d. 1882)
- August 8, 1807 – Emilie Flygare-Carlén, Swedish novelist (d. 1892)
- September 5, 1807 – Richard Chenevix Trench, Irish Anglican clergyman and philologist (d. 1886)
- October 4, 1807 – Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine, French Canadian politician (d. 1864)
- December 22, 1807 – Johann Sebastian Welhaven, Norwegian poet (d. 1873)