Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
1810 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1810 – Major-General Lachlan Macquarie CB officially becomes Governor of New South Wales
- January 10, 1810 – Napoleon divorces his first wife Joséphine.
- April 19, 1810 – Venezuela achieves home rule: Vicente Emparan, Governor of the Captaincy General is removed by the people of Caracas and a junta is installed.
- May 25, 1810 – May Revolution: citizens of Buenos Aires expel Viceroy Baltasar Hidalgo de Cisneros during the May week, starting the Argentine War of Independence.
- June 7, 1810 – The newspaper Gazeta de Buenos Ayres is first published in Argentina.
- June 23, 1810 – John Jacob Astor forms the Pacific Fur Company.
- July 20, 1810 – Citizens of Bogotá, New Granada declare independence from Spain.
- August 27, 1810 – Napoleonic Wars: The French Navy defeats the British Royal Navy, preventing them from taking the harbour of Grand Port on Île de France.
- September 8, 1810 – The Tonquin sets sail from New York Harbor with 33 employees of John Jacob Astor’s newly created Pacific Fur Company on board. After a six-month journey around the tip of South America, the ship arrives at the mouth of the Columbia River and Astor’s men establish the fur-trading town of Astoria, Oregon.
- September 26, 1810 – A new Act of Succession is adopted by the Riksdag of the Estates and Jean Baptiste Bernadotte becomes heir to the Swedish throne.
Who Were Born On 1810?
- January 12, 1810 – King Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies (d. 1859)
- March 2, 1810 – Pope Leo XIII (d. 1903)
- March 27, 1810 – William Hepworth Thompson, English classical scholar (d. 1886)
- May 24, 1810 – Charles Clark, 24th Governor of Mississippi (d. 1877)
- June 6, 1810 – Friedrich Wilhelm Schneidewin, German classical scholar (d. 1856)
- July 21, 1810 – Henri Victor Regnault, French chemist (d. 1878)
- August 10, 1810 – Count Camillo Benso di Cavour, Italian diplomat and politician (d. 1861)
- August 29, 1810 – Juan Bautista Alberdi, Argentinian politician, writer and Constitution main promoter (d. 1884)
- November 28, 1810 – William Froude, British naval architect (d. 1879)
- December 24, 1810 – Wilhelm Marstrand, Danish painter (d. 1873)