Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ILTTDWUURR? Check your answers here: Word solver ILTTDWUURR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1816 Historical Event(s)
- January 9, 1816 – Sir Humphry Davy tests the Davy lamp for miners at Hebburn Colliery.
- April 10, 1816 – The United States Government approves the creation of the Second Bank of the United States.
- April 14, 1816 – Bussa, a slave in British-ruled Barbados, leads a slave rebellion and is killed. For this, he is remembered as the first national hero of Barbados.
- May 2, 1816 – Marriage of Léopold of Saxe-Coburg and Charlotte Augusta.
- May 6, 1816 – The American Bible Society is founded in New York City.
- June 16, 1816 – Lord Byron reads Fantasmagoriana to his four house guests at the Villa Diodati, Percy Shelley, Mary Shelley, Claire Clairmont, and John Polidori, and inspires his challenge that each guest write a ghost story, which culminated in Mary Shelley writing the novel Frankenstein, John Polidori writing the short story The Vampyre, and Byron writing the poem Darkness.
- June 19, 1816 – Battle of Seven Oaks between North West Company and Hudson’s Bay Company, near Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- July 9, 1816 – Argentina declares independence from Spain.
- November 19, 1816 – Warsaw University is established.
- December 30, 1816 – The Treaty of St. Louis (1816) between the United States and the united Ottawa, Ojibwa, and Potawatomi Indian tribes is proclaimed.
Who Were Born On 1816?
- January 15, 1816 – Marie LaFarge, French murderer (d. 1852)
- January 30, 1816 – Nathaniel Prentice Banks, American politician, 25th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and 24th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1894)
- February 17, 1816 – Haller Nutt, Southern Plantation owner (d. 1864)
- March 29, 1816 – Tsultrim Gyatso, 10th Dalai Lama (d. 1837)
- April 20, 1816 – Bogoslav Šulek, Croatian philologist, historian and lexicographer (d. 1895)
- November 3, 1816 – Jubal Early, American Confederate general (d. 1894)
- November 29, 1816 – Morrison Waite, American jurist (d. 1888)
- December 8, 1816 – August Belmont, Sr., Prussian-born American financier (d. 1890)
- December 13, 1816 – Ernst Werner von Siemens, German engineer, inventor, and industrialist (d. 1892)