Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1867 Historical Event(s)
- March 1, 1867 – Nebraska becomes the 37th U.S. state; Lancaster, Nebraska is renamed Lincoln and becomes the state capital.
- April 1, 1867 – Singapore becomes a British crown colony.
- May 11, 1867 – Luxembourg gains its independence.
- June 19, 1867 – Maximilian I of the Mexican Empire is executed by a firing squad in Querétaro, Querétaro.
- July 1, 1867 – The British North America Act of 1867 takes effect as the Constitution of Canada, creating the Canadian Confederation and the federal dominion of Canada; Sir John A. Macdonald is sworn in as the first Prime Minister of Canada.
- July 17, 1867 – Harvard School of Dental Medicine was established in Boston. It was the first dental school in the U.S.
- September 28, 1867 – Toronto becomes the capital of Ontario.
- October 14, 1867 – The 15th and the last military Shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate resigns in Japan, returning his power to the Emperor of Japan and thence to the re-established civil government of Japan
- November 3, 1867 – Garibaldi and his followers are defeated in the Battle of Mentana and fail to end the Pope’s Temporal power in Rome (it would be achieved three years later).
- December 28, 1867 – United States claims Midway Atoll, the first territory annexed outside Continental limits.
Who Were Born On 1867?
- January 11, 1867 – Edward B. Titchener, British psychologist. (d. 1927)
- January 21, 1867 – Maxime Weygand, French general (d. 1965)
- February 20, 1867 – Louise, Princess Royal and Duchess of Fife (d. 1931)
- February 21, 1867 – Otto Hermann Kahn, German millionaire (d. 1934)
- April 10, 1867 – George William Russell, Irish nationalist (d. 1935)
- April 11, 1867 – Mark Keppel, Superintendent of Schools of Los Angeles County (d. 1928)
- April 23, 1867 – Johannes Andreas Grib Fibiger, Danish scientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine (d. 1928)
- June 8, 1867 – Frank Lloyd Wright, American architect (d. 1959)
- July 24, 1867 – Fred Tate, English cricketer (d. 1943)
- December 5, 1867 – Józef Piłsudski, Polish revolutionary and statesman (d. 1935)