What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out June’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1893 Historical Event(s)
- January 13, 1893 – U.S. Marines land in Honolulu from the USS Boston to prevent the queen from abrogating the Bayonet Constitution.
- February 1, 1893 – Thomas A. Edison finishes construction of the first motion picture studio, the Black Maria in West Orange, New Jersey.
- March 18, 1893 – Former Governor General Lord Stanley pledges to donate a silver challenge cup, later named after him, as an award for the best hockey team in Canada; originally presented to amateur champions, the Stanley Cup has been awarded to the top pro team since 1910, and since 1926, only to National Hockey League teams.
- April 1, 1893 – The rank of Chief Petty Officer in the United States Navy is established.
- June 7, 1893 – Mohandas Gandhi’s first act of civil disobedience.
- June 20, 1893 – Lizzie Borden is acquitted of the murders of her father and stepmother.
- September 20, 1893 – Charles Duryea and his brother road-test the first American-made gasoline-powered automobile.
- October 28, 1893 – Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 6 in B Minor, Pathétique, receives its première performance in St. Petersburg, only nine days before the composer’s death.
- November 7, 1893 – Women in the U.S. state of Colorado are granted the right to vote.
- November 29, 1893 – The Ziqiang Institute, today known as Wuhan University, is founded by Zhang Zhidong, governor of Hubei and Hunan Provinces in late Qing Dynasty of China after his memorial to the throne is approved by the Qing Government.
Who Were Born On 1893?
- February 10, 1893 – Bill Tilden, American tennis player (d. 1953)
- February 20, 1893 – Russel Crouse, American playwright (d. 1966)
- February 21, 1893 – Andrés Segovia, Spanish guitarist (d. 1987)
- April 27, 1893 – Allen Sothoron, American baseball player (d. 1939)
- May 14, 1893 – Louis Verneuil, French playwright (d. 1952)
- June 30, 1893 – Walter Ulbricht, German Communist leader (d. 1973)
- October 23, 1893 – Gummo Marx, American actor (d. 1977)
- October 26, 1893 – Miloš Crnjanski, Serbian poet and author (d. 1977)
- October 30, 1893 – Charles Atlas, Italian-born bodybuilder (d. 1972)
- November 7, 1893 – Leatrice Joy, American actress (d. 1985)