Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IENJDAIZCYIC? Check your answers here: Words with these letters IENJDAIZCYIC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1903 Historical Event(s)
- January 17, 1903 – El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico becomes part of the United States National Forest System as the Luquillo Forest Reserve.
- January 29, 1903 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1903 – The Hay-Herran Treaty, granting the United States the right to build the Panama Canal, is ratified by the United States Senate. The Colombian Senate would later reject the treaty.
- June 11, 1903 – Group of Serbian officers stormed royal palace and assassinated King Alexander Obrenović and his wife queen Draga.
- June 16, 1903 – Roald Amundsen commences the first east-west navigation of the Northwest Passage, leaving Oslo, Norway.
- July 4, 1903 – Dorothy Levitt is reported as the first woman in the world to compete in a 'motor race'.
- August 2, 1903 – Fall of the Ottoman Empire: an unsuccessful uprising led by the Internal Macedonian-Adrianople Revolutionary Organization against Ottoman Turkey, also known as the Ilinden-Preobrazhenie Uprising, takes place.
- August 3, 1903 – Macedonian rebels in Kruševo proclaim the Kruševo Republic, which exists only for 10 days before Ottoman Turks lay waste to the town.
- August 18, 1903 – German engineer Karl Jatho allegedly flies his self-made, motored gliding airplane four months before the first flight of the Wright Brothers.
- October 5, 1903 – Sir Samuel Griffith is appointed the first Chief Justice of Australia and Sir Edmund Barton and Richard O'Connor are appointed as foundation justices.
Who Were Born On 1903?
- January 15, 1903 – Paul A. Dever, 58th Governor of Massachusetts (d. 1958)
- January 20, 1903 – Jennifer Ishikawa, Japanese singer (d. 1985)
- February 12, 1903 – Chick Hafey, baseball player (d. 1973)
- May 3, 1903 – Bing Crosby, American singer and actor (d. 1977)
- May 29, 1903 – Bob Hope, British-born comedian and actor (d. 2003)
- June 6, 1903 – Aram Khachaturian, Armenian composer (d. 1978)
- July 4, 1903 – Flor Peeters, Belgian composer, organist and teacher (d. 1986)
- August 28, 1903 – Bruno Bettelheim, American psychologist (d. 1990)
- October 22, 1903 – Curly Howard, American actor and comedian, member of the Three Stooges (d. 1952)
- November 1, 1903 – Max Adrian, Irish actor (d. 1973)