Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ADOEAFLTKXE? Check your answers here: Word search ADOEAFLTKXE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1905 Historical Event(s)
- January 9, 1905 – According to the Julian Calendar which is used at the time, Russian workers stage a march on the Winter Palace that ends in the massacre by Tsarist troops known as Bloody Sunday, setting off the Russian Revolution of 1905.
- February 4, 1905 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 17, 1905 – The Supreme Court of the United States decides Lochner v. New York which holds that the “right to free contract” is implicit in the due process clause of the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
- May 5, 1905 – The trial in the Stratton Brothers case begins in London, England; it marks the first time that fingerprint evidence is used to gain a conviction for murder.
- May 28, 1905 – Russo-Japanese War: The Battle of Tsushima ends with the destruction of the Russian Baltic Fleet by Admiral Togo Heihachiro and the Imperial Japanese Navy.
- June 30, 1905 – Albert Einstein publishes the article On the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies, in which he introduces special relativity.
- October 30, 1905 – Czar Nicholas II of Russia grants Russia’s first constitution, creating a legislative assembly.
- November 18, 1905 – Prince Carl of Denmark becomes King Haakon VII of Norway.
- November 25, 1905 – Prince Carl of Denmark arrives in Norway to become King Haakon VII of Norway.
- December 30, 1905 – Former Idaho Governor Frank Steunenberg is assassinated at the front gate of his home in Caldwell.
Who Were Born On 1905?
- January 14, 1905 – Takeo Fukuda, 67th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 1995)
- January 17, 1905 – Ray Cunningham, American baseball player (d. 2005)
- May 14, 1905 – Herbert Morrison, American radio announcer (d. 1989)
- August 2, 1905 – Myrna Loy, American actress (d. 1993)
- August 27, 1905 – Aris Velouchiotis, Greek leader of the resistance organization Greek People’s Liberation Army (d. 1945)
- September 5, 1905 – Maurice Challe, French general (d. 1979)
- September 30, 1905 – Nevill Francis Mott, English physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1996)
- November 26, 1905 – Bob Johnson, American baseball player (d. 1982)
- December 11, 1905 – Robert Henriques, English writer (d. 1967)
- December 12, 1905 – Manès Sperber, Austrian writer (d. 1984)